U2 & FM67

Flakey

Enlightened
wait .... why? i dont understand the use of beamcovers? if you dont want light turn the light off and lock out the tailcap. i have an fm64 beamshaper for my u2 and it is SUPERB i love the look of the beam when properly shaped. btw ALL of the surefire filters that i have purchased have taken a little bit of modding to make them work right. just a heads up.

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Flakey for the most part... you always have a LOTC available to ensure the light doesn't accidentally turn on. Having the opaque cover would be like having a double safety.

That said, if you're mainly concerned with bezel & lens protection I would recommend getting either a beam shaper or a colored filter. That way you at least have an extra function, as opposed to an "extra" off.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I don't consider there is any need to protect the U2's Pyrex window using a BeamCover. If you must then make it a BeamShaper so you get some use out of carrying the bulky component. That's my opinion any way.

The BeamCovers are for use on Classic WeaponLights that can not be disabled to prevent accidental activation switch on the light.

Al