U2 Tail Cap WARNING

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I was trying out different tail caps, with my U2, and put the U2's tail cap on a 9P+KL3, just to try it out. BIG MISTAKE! DO NOT USE THE U2 TAIL CAP ON ANY OTHER FLASHLIGHTS!

The U2 tail cap wouldn't work, when I put it back on the U2. The fins, inside the tail cap, had been flattened by using it with the 9P. Raised the fins back up, and the tail cap works fine again, with the U2. Wouldn't want to do this too much though, fearing metal fatigue might take it's toll.

I now use the SW02 on my U2. It's easier to twist, with my arthritis, and I feel it's much more likely to work, when I need light. The Z48 and Z49 also work well with the U2.

oldgrandpajack

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
oldgrandpajack-

Thanks for the info. You might also be interested in this thread from yesterday. With your experience and expertise with SF parts, maybe you can explain some of our results with tailcaps.

SW02 On U2

Mark

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SW02, Z48 and Z49 all work perfectly on my U2, although I use mine with the stock tailcap.

Others have mixed results with the above tailcaps or completely negative results.

This is what is driving everyone nuts trying to understand why or under what circumstances they will or won't work.

Mark

Last edited:

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Flash_Gordon said:
oldgrandpajack-

Thanks for the info. You might also be interested in this thread from yesterday. With your experience and expertise with SF parts, maybe you can explain some of our results with tailcaps.

SW02 On U2

Mark

Hi Mark:

Don't know if I could call myself an expert, but here's something to chew on.

SW02 with U2

Hi Bernie:

Never had one of the original U2's. I'm beginning to think there may be some variation in the thickness or the pocket clip's retaining ring, which could be a factor. I could be full of it, too! :)