$15 1-Million CP rechargeable spotlight at Radio Shack

InTheDark

Enlightened
I have one, I think it's the same one but mine's orange. Got it for $9 on sale. Not much to say about it, normal 1 million candlepower spotlight, runtime is about 20 minutes or so on a full charge, gets really hot after a few minutes on. Great for car camping or something, but not very useful since it's really top heavy and the switch doesn't always work.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my brother-in-law a Vector two bulb, 3,000,000 CP light for christmas:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0010885515151a&navAction=jump&navCount=0&indexId=&podId=0010885&catalogCode=IC&parentId=&parentType=&_DAR GS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml.1_A&_DAV=0010885515151a

and I have an Optronics 2,000,000 CP light:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0009986514204a&navAction=push&navCount=1&indexId=&podId=0009986&catalogCode=XB&parentId=&parentType=&_DAR GS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fcatalog%2Fitem-link.jhtml_A&_DAV=0009986514204a

(wow, what URL's!)

I actually liked my "smaller" 2,000,000 CP over his 3,000,000 CP light. I felt my light had a better hot spot, and was a more solid and larger beam.

However, 14.95 is not a bad price!

Now, the catch is that some of those lights allow for removal of the battery, and can be used, while plugged into your dc adaptor in your car. Others do not allow for "plugged in" operation at all.

Also, some of the vectors have a little tri-pod stand so that you can set your light down.

I don't know if that one does, however.

Have fun!

I tell you what, I still like my surge, but every once in a while, I HAVE to bring out my Optronics 2,000,000 CP light to the un-lit field where I walk my dog.

That sucker LIGHTS UP THE FIELD! It really satisfies my need to have a really really bright portable light. AND it is cheaper than a SF!
grin.gif

Spidey82

Enlightened
I have a 1 million cp light, and it's bright.
but how bright is M6 compare to that???
Linfeng

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last I heard, the M6 is a 9 volt 30 watt light (with the high output 500lu bulb). Those million-candlepower thingys are usually 6 or 12 volts and 50-55 watts. They often just use automotive foglamp bulbs. I reckon, by sheer peak intensity, that a million-cp handlamp would overpower a M6 many times over.

But- remember. The M6 is relatively speaking, very small and light with a much broader beam. Up close, the M6 would probably be the better choice, as those large spotlamps always have very narrow beams, optimised for long range work.

Regrettably I have neither a Million-candlepower lamp, nor an M6 (but want one so badly it hurts!), I`m just going on what I`ve read and seen. But I think I`m speaking sort-of the truth here.

Am I?
confused.gif
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have a spotlight, but it was a real cheapie; nothing with this intensity. (though the price wasn't much different at 9.99)
Not sure if I'd really have much use for this, though- it doesn't seem suitable for a work light. A bit of overkill?

It would be nice if it had a second bulb option that I saw on a friend's spotlight, giving a more normal, low light level for general purpose use (and much longer burn time). This one doesn't mention it though.

I guess this kind light is best for search and rescue type of missions- not sure what else it would be good for..

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first spotlight (that I lost) was a Vector 1,000,000 CP light. Then I bought the Optronics 2,000,000 CP light. THAT LIGHT impressed me! A very large, white, no shadow hot spot. MUCH MUCH bigger than the Vector 1 mil.

I wasn't clear on my other post, but I think the Optronics 2 mil CP is a brighter, better light than the Vector, 2 bulb 3 mil CP. Not that the Vector was bad, but I felt that the Optronics had a bigger, better, whiter, pure white light than the Vector.

Hey, but for 15 bucks, you gotta at least get that light. It only has 20-40 minutes of light, but it is bright! Even if it is a "bad" 1 mil CP, still, WOW! A 3D mag light costs more than that!

But for a quality beam and light, consider the LSI or Optronics.

When my dog looses a ball in the un-lit field where I walk her at night, with that Optronics 2 mil light, WE FIND THAT DAMN BALL!

If nothing else, it is a novility item. Great to bring to a dark field, and say "look at this light!" I think they advertise that they are many times brighter than a car headlight, depending on what ad you read.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> If nothing else, it is a novility item. Great to bring to a dark field, and say "look at this light!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is true.
grin.gif

Do you recall how long it took to recharge for that 20 minutes of light?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingerr:

Do you recall how long it took to recharge for that 20 minutes of light?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AC charge, it takes like a day, DC charge in the car, it takes 1 hour.

Oh, and the Optronics, the light lasts for more like 40 minutes, not 20. It does not "dim" either, it goes from bright to very very dim to no light, like within a minute, maybe even 15 seconds.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I didn't even figure this was able to recharge with AC, since the description didn't mention it- even better, if that's so.

I guess the Optronics one uses NiCd's instead of lead acid, if it exhibited that type of sharp cutoff-.

Well, I've ordered three (natch), so I'll see how much fun there is to have with it.
Just the thing for those candlelight vigils
smile.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got them today; they have both a car cord and a 12V 300ma DC adapter to charge up the light using AC power, 14-16 hour charge time listed.

The light does light up when the AC is connected and charging, but it says to not turn the light on because it'll damage unit and void the warranty- probably from overloading the circuitry used to drop the 12V input to 6V.

Nice bright beam; spot actually seems to show the bulb filament projected on the wall-

It has a lockout switch on the unit to prevent accidental turn on, and the base has a threaded hole for a tripod mount too.