Is this a good deal?

jlomein

Enlightened
I don't much about large type flashlights so I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. Should I buy it?

Sunforce 2 Million Candlepower Rechargeable Light

Reg. $34.99 Sale $16.99 (Canadian Dollars)

2 million candlepower spotlight with secondary searchlight
Comes with unique swivel handle for two-position carrying, usage and maximum versatility
Searchlight position also adjustable
Attractive hunting orange body with black handle and lens frame
Run time: Approx. 25 minutes on full charge for spotlight, and 7 hours for smaller searchlight
AC and DC chargers included
Bonus: includes mini LED flashlight

0379448_450_CC_3abcd.jpg

It is onsale starting tommorrow at Canadian Tire.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would probably be more appropriate to put it into the spotlight/lantern forum, but the $16.99 CAD price seems about right. The price for the various 55W 6V H4 lights in the states ranges from about $9 to $40+ depending upon packaging, branding, and features. On the lower end with the lesser know brand names, one can expect to find them in the $10 to $20 range. The $9 one that I was referring to is a Dorcy that is currently on clearance at Sears.

These lights should be capable of running on external 12V power (from your car) without draing the internal battery, you'll want to make sure this light can do that (some of the Chinese imports can only run from the battery and be charged from external power.)

I'm afraid you're the only one who can answer as to whether or not you should buy it. Though the first question that I would start with would be, "Do you need it?"

I once asked myself that, and when my answer was that I had 3 others that are almost just like it, I had to reconsider.

jlomein said:
I don't much about large type flashlights so I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. Should I buy it?

Sunforce 2 Million Candlepower Rechargeable Light

Reg. $34.99 Sale $16.99 (Canadian Dollars)

2 million candlepower spotlight with secondary searchlight
Comes with unique swivel handle for two-position carrying, usage and maximum versatility
Searchlight position also adjustable
Attractive hunting orange body with black handle and lens frame
Run time: Approx. 25 minutes on full charge for spotlight, and 7 hours for smaller searchlight
AC and DC chargers included
Bonus: includes mini LED flashlight

It is onsale starting tommorrow at Canadian Tire.

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
... Though the first question that I would start with would be, "Do you need it?"......
grinser2.gif
And how successful is answering "No" to that particular question in stopping most CPFers from saying:
takeit.gif
?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Works for me ... that's why I've only purchased 'nn' flashlights in the past two weeks ... oops! :D

DonShock said:
And how successful is answering "No" to that particular question in stopping most CPFers from saying:
takeit.gif
?

billhess

Newly Enlightened
I have about 10 of these. Big lots sells them for 15$ american. I love them for a cheap light. on the spot you get about 15 minutes which is short. I just keep them laying around. what have you got to loose it's 15$