• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD-2D COMPLETE WA1111 Hotwire Mag Conversion With Extras-SOLD!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2D WA1111 COMPLETE hotwire conversion for sale. This is very bright. This is a black mag 2D with some small marks here and there, (most on the tailcap), but nothing too serious and looks good. This comes with the great Kiu high temp bi-pin switch installed, borofloat glass lens, aluminum LOP reflector, and 6XAA battery holder. I will ALSO include a custom turned 3XCR123 battery holder made by the master himself, Icarus. This gives you the option of running primary 123's in the light as well as rechargeable AA's. I will also include an extra WA1111 bulb, (it's already in the tailcap), AND a WA1274 bulb that's almost as bright as the WA1111 but has a little better runtime. $125.00-***REDUCED TO $105.00***-SOLD! for everything to U.S. only. Other countries extra. PayPal only, (cash or CC), and my e-mail AND PayPal account is: [email protected]. AGAIN, my PayPal account is; [email protected].

Last edited:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 2D COMPLETE WA1111 Hotwire Mag Conversion With Extras-REDUCED!

Reduced to $105.00 shipped to U.S.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will be away from the computer until Tuesday afternoon, May 2nd. If someone wants this, the first "I'll take it" will get it.

litho123

Enlightened

Hi Gene -
FREE BUMP!

Just a few points for you to clarify for others ...

RE: reflector...
cammed or camless?
ream size?
Whose reflector? Litho / Modamag / Fivemega / Lightedge

RE: battery holder...
I assume Fivemega's HighQuality 6AA-2D holder w/ charging jack?

All in all, it's an attractive price and I hope it sells quickly for you.

rdh226

Enlightened

I'm 95% convinced...but...I'm sure that this is covered somewhere by about
a thousand posts, but since I figure I have a captive audience here (that would
be you, Gene), and I really should get off to work sometime today...

I'm a bit puzzled. The 1111 is listed as a 6.0V bulb, and the 1274 as a 7.2V
bulb. 6xNiMH would be 7.2V (nominal, what, maybe 8V hot off the charger?).
Wouldn't that fry a 6V bulb in fairly short order? And as to 3xLi cells, that's a
solid 9V, wouldn't that flash a 6V bulb in seconds?

You mention the "Kiu high temp bi-pin switch"; is that the same (equivilent)
thing as the high temp ceramic socket I seem to recall seeing mentioned
somewhere?

I presume "batteries not included"?

Is it proper etiquette to preemptively fire off a PayPal and post "I'll take it",
or wait for you to acknowledge an "I'll take it" post before PayPal'ing? (Seems
like the latter would be the only way to avoid a PayPal collision should two
folks simultaneously go for it.)

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

The WA1111 runs well off 6AA. You are overdriving it at 7.2v instead of the rated 6.0v to get more lumens and a whiter light at the expense of reduced life. With any of these overdriven bulbs, there is some risk of flashing the bulb by using batteries fresh off the charger. It is generally recommended to wait a few hours after charging before using them. This is because a lot of the hotwire bulb/battery combos actually rely on the voltage drop that occurs when you place a battery under load to prevent excess current from blowing the bulb. A hot, freshly charged battery will not drop voltage as much as a cool battery that has sat for a few hours. The WA1274 running at the rated 7.2v will have less risk of flashing, but since it is not overdriven, the light looks a little yellow in camparison to the overdriven WA1111. I have no experience in using either bulb with 3 primary 123s.

You will often hear people say Kiu socket, Kiu kit, or Kiu switch (stock switch modified with Kiu kit) interchangably. This is what they mean: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/104816
I am not sure if this is what you mentioned seeing before. It's main advantage is less resistance than the stock bulb holder plus all that metal between the bulb and the plastic would handle heat from extreme hotwires better. The other socket that I think you may be talking about is this one: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/115104 by FiveMega. It generally can be used with a metal cammed reflector without modifying the stock switch to maintain "normal" mag focusing. If used with a camless reflector, you need to use shims to position the bulb correctly for good focus or mod the switch as shown in this post: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1348853&postcount=272 so that the bulb stays in position and the head can be screwed in or out for focusing.

As for paypal, if it's a Group Buy where quantities aren't limited, I send the PayPal first then do my post in the thread. If it's something like this offer, where there is only one, I generally post "I'll take it", go check another thread for a minute or two, then come back to recheck that I am the first to claim it. If the seller listed his PP addy in the sales thread, I assume he wants immediate payment so I then send the payment without waiting for confirmation other than my own verifying that I was indeed the first "I'll take it". I have seen a couple other threads where someone says I'll take it, then apparently the payment never comes because the seller later says it is still available. That is why you will sometimes see a popular item have people claiming second or third dibs even after someone says "I'll take it", just in case the deal falls through.

Another thing: if for some reason I have an alternative offer to make, I always use PM so as not to put off other buyers who may be willing to fully meet the sellers price or other conditions.

Last edited:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the late response gents but I live very rural and unfortunately, dang day delays with server problems happen.

Thank you very much Don and what you said! You've covered it all very nicely and I appreciate you taking the time to explain all that. I don't see any yellow using the WA1274 but it is slightly dimmer but not by a whole lot to my eyes anyway. The 2D to 3Xprimary123 Icarus holder works very well with this and lights it up as well as the 6XAA rechargeables and gives you the option of having fresh cells around when the AA rechargeables die.

Hi Greg,
The aluminum reflector is from Modamag. It is cammed and I don't remember the ream size but it's from a few batches ago. As for the battery holder, I really can't remember who I purchased it from but I believe it was also from Modamag as it does not have the charging jack.

This does not include batteries. Thank you all and a "thanks again" Don for doing that.

rdh226

Enlightened

DonShock said:
The WA1111 runs well off 6AA...

Thanks for the info Don, it was a great help, especially the links! (you might talk
to Gene about getting a commission...heh heh).

This seems like a pretty nice "intro kit" (multiple bulbs, battery holders, Kiu
socket preinstalled, yada yada) to play with.

I'll take it. PayPal to follow.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Okay rdh226. Our little post office here is closed on weekends. I can ship it out Monday. I'll wait for PP payment to confirm. Thanks.

PayPal received. This is SOLD! Thanks rdh226!

Last edited:

rdh226

Enlightened

Ah, CPF is responding again...cool...PayPal sent.