Help please! These rechargeable's work in these SF's *but*...

Stevie P

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Do any of you see issues with the combinations of rechargeable batteries with the torches listed below that I'm using? They all seem to work well except where noted. Are these the best combinations you have found?

I've read threads explaining how volitile these cells can be and I think I've eliminated any chance of shorting by not using magnets. I'm concerned about the current draw on the E2D and 12V setups and especially concerned with the heat generated when using the A2 and 2xMP123's...any thoughts/suggestions on what I can do differently to maximize safety, runtimes and output?

- SF A2 - 2xMP 700mAh (Un-protected) - *** The head of the A2 gets hot - thinking of staying with primaries...thoughts?

- SF E2D - 1x17670 1600mAh (Protected) - *** Am I over-drawing the cell while under-powering the bulb?

- SF U2 - 1x18650 2200mAh (Protected) - Don't think this is any problem.

- SF Z2+KL3 - 1x17670 1600mAh (Protected) - *** Works great but would using 2xMP 700mAh (Un-protected) be better?

- SF 6P+12v G&P Bulb w/1 cell extender - 2x17500 1100mAh (Un-protected), no magnet between cells - *** Am I overdrawing the cells? Would 3xMP 700mAh work?

- McLux PD - 1xMP 700mAh (Un-protected)

Thanks for all your help!

Steve

nzgunnie

Enlightened
I've only used primaries in my A2, I'm not sure how well it would handle up to 8.4volts...

SF Z2+KL3 - The KL3 works up to 9V, so there would be no problem running it on RCR123s. I'm pretty sure there should be no trouble running it on 2 protected RCR123s, shouldn't need unprotected ones to run the KL3, although no doubt someone else will be along to confirm this.

SF 6P+12v G&P Bulb w/1 cell extender - 2x17500s. You would be underdriving the bulb, I would expect you'd get better results out of running a 9VHP bulb (if you can get one...). This is one of the setups I use.