Mag rechargeable help

gfang

Newly Enlightened
(I posted this in the incandescent section first, but Most of the cool parts I remember seeing were here in the LED section.)

I have an old rechargeable Mag that I use a lot. The reflector is pretty hazy and I dont want to buy a stock replacement. I remember seeing some pretty cool aftermarket reflectors for Mag, but does anyone make one for the rechargeable?

I would also like to upgrade the bulb if possible...and yes I already have the latest bulb from Mag.

Any suggestions?

L

led_replacement

The MaxCharger3 3 watt LED Replacement bulb from TerraLUX is an excellent upgrade for your rechargable Maglite (MagCharger) I have tested this product and have a beam shot comparison of the LED vs Filament bulb.
http://www.led-replacement.com/tle-100.html
The MaxCharger3 Provides fixed focus with Fraen type lens simular to the DA-5W (Fixed focus) very nice clean beam ( no artifacts )

Last edited by a moderator:

AshA4

Banned
Whoa that's interesting! I didn't know there was an LED drop in for the MC. However, if it's like the Diamond drop in for a regular Mag I think I'd stick with original setup.

Welcome to CPF gfang. You may want to look in "Groupbuys and passarounds" for the reflector for MC. They are offered there by FM or MM. (i get confused between the two of them) The popular choice for a bulb upgrade is the WA1160 and they are offered in that forum as well.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
Looks like the Maxcharger3 TLE-100 would take care of the new reflector and give you the bulb upgrade you want, all in one package.

I have pre ordered one of these units myself. They aren't going to ship until the first week in May which is.....hey! thats this week! Yippee!.

Cost is $32.95. Free shipping in the US via First Class mail, from Led-replacement.com.