Beamshots - the 1 Watters

randyo

Enlightened
Moved back to around 20 feet and pulled out the mid-range photon generators:

From left to right we have the Fenix L2P on an L1P body, Terralux TLE-5 in a Minimag, Eveready 2D with a Tektite LPR-2, Elektrolumens Blaster-1R, SL PP4AA, and a Peak Caribbean 1.5W.

High%20Power%20Lights.jpg

The Results:

1%20Watt%20Lights.jpg

Jeez - the SL PP4AA is gonna burn a hole through the wall !!!
It's definitely the Barry Bonds of the 1 Watt lights.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
randyo said:
Jeez - the SL PP4AA is gonna burn a hole through the wall !!!
It's definitely the Barry Bonds of the 1 Watt lights.

Thanks for the comparison shots, it really makes it clear how the SL PP4AA stacks up. I'll need to get a few of them for testing as bike lights.

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
once again i must say the sl pp lux is an outstanding performing light for its size and price,!!!

randyo

Enlightened
The SLPP4AA does have the WOW factor, and amazing throw, BUT;

The Blaster is a Tank! It has decent throw as well. If you take them outside on a dark night, it is right in between the L1P & the SLPP4AA. And - you just can't top 2D runtime.

The Caribbean is so tiny. Heck of a lot of light tucked in your pocket. It's an EDC for me as well as my ARC collection. ARC AAA-P on the keychain, Modded ARC in the phone pouch, and the Caribbean in either the pants or jacket pocket.

The big blue Eveready floating waterproof hangs in the garage near the door. It's stuffed with 8 Lithium AA batts, so it will be there when I need it for the next 20 years or so.

Fenix stays in a waist pack that goes in whatever vehicle I'm using.

SLPP4AA hardly ever comes out to play. It's stuffed with Lithiums and stays in a larger pack that hides behind the seat in my truck.

Haven't decided what to do with the Blaster yet, but the second one will be a someone's Christmas gift.

The picture shows what I don't like about the Streamlight Luxeon. It's too collimated that you can't use it for photography. It whitewashes the center while the rest of the area remains underexposed.

Illum

Flashaholic
Newbie here,

If Luxeon Is are all from the same company should they have the same tinting? The throw is different from light to light varying as the reflectors design. Personally, I have used luxeon Is with mainly purple tinting and yellowish white tinting, while on the package they call them all LuxeonIs without special descriptions, How is it that some is green, others purple, and is is there a way to distinguish one from another when buying?