Fenix L2P Problems

Kas

Newly Enlightened
I am having some more problems with my Fenix L2P. Today I noticed that it wasent as bright as it should be so I recharged the batteries. I put them back in, tightened it and turned it on. It works, but at like 25% brightness. To make sure its not the batteries I changed them for another fresh pair. Same result. Whats going on?

tommymeboy

Newly Enlightened
There was a thread about a drop in output in an L2P caused by loading the batteries backwards- Is that something you might've done? There's no protection circuitry in the light.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked at the LED? My mechanic's L2P was dropped one or two times and the high dome was falling off the LED die.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
It sounds like it may be just a bad circuit connection. As Advidleduk suggested, try cleaning the excess lube off of the tail cap and the head assembly. On the head assembly, take a pencil eraser and use it on the center contact to remove any corrosion. Insure that the tail cap spring is giving good solid contact to the battery. If all that doesn't work, well then.......its broke.

Probably a problem with the electronics or the switch. Please forgive me for stating the obvious.

Kas

Newly Enlightened
The lubricant on the switch unit, and on the metal contact of the head cap were the problems. I just wiped it off a few days ago too. How did it get there and how can I stop it?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
How it got there is a good question - my Fenix lights didn't come with much (if any) lube on them.

If you put it on yourself, go a little bit lighter on it. If not, just keep repeating what you're doing and it'll go away eventually..

Somy Nex

Enlightened
strange, both my L1P & L2P came very well lubed, although not to the extent that i've had problems with it seeping onto the contact areas, even after multiple battery changes... maybe the amount of lube might vary according to vendor? i'm not sure...

but wrt to the specific problem, just a thought but maybe you could wipe all the lube off, and find a thicker lube to put on, maybe that'll stop it from seeping around onto the contacts.