Do you have an interesting personal website? Post it!

bruner

Enlightened
Just curious...

Do you have an intersting personal website, one that you made yourself ???

Everyone here has the ability to put a link to thier website in thier profile, but who ever sits here and tries to see what everyone's homepage looks like?

If you think you have something interesting that you want to share with the rest of us CPF members, post a link and give us a description. I think it would be kind of cool and fun.

Here's mine... Many years ago I was into designing musical instruments that can be made from stuff at anyone's local hardware store. That's mostly what is on my website... Other than that, I have some links to my photography, some pictures of my stained glass work, some of my ideas and other designs, some wallpapers that I made for my desktop and some databases that I put together for a handheld database program called handbase.

My website is here:
http://www.geocities.com/danielbruner/

Where is your's and what's it about?

Thanks for looking,
Dan

Skyclad01

Enlightened
bruner said:
Here's mine... Many years ago I was into designing musical instruments that can be made from stuff at anyone's local hardware store. That's mostly what is on my website... Other than that, I have some links to my photography, some pictures of my stained glass work, some of my ideas and other designs, some wallpapers that I made for my desktop and some databases that I put together for a handheld database program called handbase.

My website is here:
http://www.geocities.com/danielbruner/

Thanks for looking,
Dan

Nice instructions on the ABS Didge. I made one several years ago using a single peice of ABS plastic piping. Its easy to do. But with yours being sectional, im sure that makes it easer to trasport.

It makes me wonder if you could can make an Irish Whistle out of ABS/PCV. I know it can be done, as it has been. But i just wonder if you can make easy instructions for it.

bruner

Enlightened
Skyclad01,

My instruments were never technically perfect (I couldn't achieve more than 2 octaves out of them). Reason being, that real wind instruments have a conical bore... When using PVC/ABS pipes all you have to work with is a cylindrical bore. Cylindrical bores are ok for didji's but not flutes/whistles or clarinets.

I'm not a mathematician and had no interest in trying to make them perfect, but my little projects worked ok and I was happy with them. That didj though, had too many "note pipes" to cary around. I've since given away all of those instruments... All I have now is a real flute and a classical guitar.

Dan

bruner

Enlightened
greg_in_canada said:

Greg,

Just a quick reply, as it is late here. I am amazed at what your website just tought me how to do.

I can now do a "cross eye freeview" of your 3D photos. Can't figure out parallel viewing just yet, but give me time ;)

Unbelievable, I'm almost at a loss for words.

Thanks for that!
Dan

Last edited:

Robban

Enlightened
I've been working on this on and off for a long time now and still haven't finished it up. I suck :p It's pretty much set to go but I'm gonna have to have a few of you guys test it out first to find all the bugs. You can't see much at the actual site but I've included a couple of pics of what it looks like "under the hood" so to speak.
http://files.badlysprained.net/out/173/cpf/mf_02.png
http://files.badlysprained.net/out/174/cpf/mf_03.png
http://files.badlysprained.net/out/172/cpf/mf_01.png

http://www.movieflashlights.com/

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool Dan. You're welcome. I learned a long time ago with those random dot images. It took a long time since you can't see anything until you have it right. So when I got into 3d photography the free-viewing was easy to do.

Greg

bruner said:
Greg,

Just a quick reply, as it is late here. I am amazed at what your website just tought me how to do.

I can now do a "cross eye freeview" of your 3D photos. Can't figure out parallel viewing just yet, but give me time ;)

Unbelievable, I'm almost at a loss for words.

Thanks for that!
Dan

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I should mention I haven't put much effort into my 3d gallery since looking at them in a viewer is so much better. There are much better galleries on the net if you google for them.

Greg

kubolaw

Enlightened
Greg, that's a great website. I've always had this idea of trying to create some stereogram imagery, but had no idea how to even get started. I have bookmarked your page for future reference. Thanks!

gigainternational

Newly Enlightened
See:
party.gif
www.GiGaInternational.com

Not really personal sites. But the websites were created from scratches by DIY. Furniture and car audio is my bread and butter!
Newly added flashlight... (that's the legal reason for buying so many excessive flashlights):grin2:

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
gigainternational said:
See:
party.gif
www.GiGaInternational.com

Not really personal sites. But the websites were created from scratches by DIY. Furniture and car audio is my bread and butter!
Newly added flashlight... (that's the legal reason for buying so many excessive flashlights):grin2:

I was wondering if gigafurniture on eBay was a CPF member. I had assumed as much and now I know.

Darell

Flashaholic
Electric Vehicles (click EV NUT in sig). I've got a few thousand hours into the thing. And now I know I've hit the big time since Toyota Corporate checks in every week or so.