Flashlight That Will Hold a FRAEN Optic?

boltgunner

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know of a flashlight I can mod to contain the FRAEN optic for the Lux III Star? The optic is FHS-HMB1-LL01-H. I want to mod the flashlight housing to become a tail light for a motorcycle, and the FRAEN/Lux needs to be in a waterproof rugged housing.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with the optic part numbers, but I have used the Fraen optic. It will fit into a lot of things with one inch bezels. It should go anywhere you can use the NX-05 optic.

A few lights that come to mind are :
  • Old style Surefire L1 lights (very rugged, very waterproof, but expensive and difficult to find)
  • ARC LS series lights (also very rugged and waterproof, but even more expensive and difficult to find)
  • Mini maglites (cheap and readily available, but you'll need a "sandwich" for the LED, and not very waterproof)
  • Dorcy 1AA/2AA LED lights (you can mod in a Lux star easily enough, but the convertor is somewhat underpowered on the 1AA)

I'm sure there are many others; these are just the first that come to my mind. Is the Fraen really well suited for a motorcycle tailight? I'd think you would want something that diffuses the light rather than focuses it like the Fraen.