What's the latest word on release of ANY of the MAGLED line?

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
Of course, like the rest of you I've been waiting to see/get a MAGLED since I first came to understand that Mag planned to release LED flashlights eventually.

Well... it's turning into a pretty gorram long "eventually," am I right?

Does anyone know when we will see MAGLED flashlights available at stores and on websites?

So much for "early in 2006". I just want to know how long I should expect to have to wait for something I'm so eager to check out.

The anticipation is maddening!

Thanks for any info.

-Jeffrey

Empath

Flashaholic
In this thread, Steve Vance gives this schedule:

steve_vance said:
1. first to be released will be the 2D models, shipping to dealers May 15th
2. next to ship will be the 3D and 4D models, about 2 weeks after that
3. C-cell lights will ship probably in June, followed by the last to ship: the AA lights, probably end of June or beginning of July.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! Sounds like they will be normal mags with upgraded LED bulbs... Maybe not cutting edge to us but, this is huge for availabilty and $$$

steve_vance

Enlightened
2 quick things:

1. in case you were curious, shipping schedule is courtesy of National Sales Mgr for Mag Instrument, who says that he has lights already, but Mag won't release ANY until their big customers (Walmart, LMart, Home Depot, Lowes) get theirs.
2. Brightguy has good prices, but best price on the new Mag LEDs is from Mark @Action Light (part of MEI Research) in California. He has Mag shaking their heads because they say he's selling them "too cheap". He has prices on his website already, but he won't get them any sooner than anyone else.

BTW the replacement modules will probably not be released for sale until all of the production lights are out....meaning July 2006.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
Niteowl said:
Brightguy lists the 2D , 3D , and the 4D for July 15th.

Theve got a good price on them too! :grin2:

Nice wishing.

Since we already know that the 2AA version will be $25, and the 3AA version, would it be safe to assume that the 4D version will be appx. $70 - $80?

Niteowl

Enlightened
Skyclad01 said:
Nice wishing.

Since we already know that the 2AA version will be $25, and the 3AA version, would it be safe to assume that the 4D version will be appx. $70 - $80?

To clarify my "good price" comment, the listed price was $0.00.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Skyclad01 said:
Nice wishing.

Why would they be $70-$80??? I can't imagine..

My guess would be in the $30-$35 range. I hope less.

Originally the 2D 3D and 4D's and C's were supposed to be available in April, with the 2AA and 3AA Minimags along in June. So much for that!

Empath

Flashaholic
Action-Lights have a photo of a module that looks different than the photo we saw after the shot show. Originally, the photo was of the style of Diamond's 3 watt, which pretty well makes it Mag specific in use. Hopefully, it will be more like Action-Light's photo. That would make it useful for most any other suitable PR based light.

Skyclad01

Enlightened
InfidelCastro said:
Why would they be $70-$80??? I can't imagine..

My guess would be in the $30-$35 range. I hope less.

One would hope for that price (myself included). But im looking at it from this perspective;

The 2AA Minimag is appx. $8. And we know the 2AA MagLED is $25 (3AA $28)

The 4D Mag is appx. $25 - The 4D MagLED = $??. Only $2 to $7 more for a 4D MagLED doesnt seem likely, im sorry to say.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Skyclad01 said:
One would hope for that price (myself included). But im looking at it from this perspective;

The 2AA Minimag is appx. $8. And we know the 2AA MagLED is $25 (3AA $28)

The 4D Mag is appx. $25 - The 4D MagLED = $??. Only $2 to $7 more for a 4D MagLED doesnt seem likely, im sorry to say.

Most often around here I see the larger mags for $17 and the minimags for $9-$10.

Latest posts