• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: USL - light only w/charging cable--sold

rick258

Enlightened
FS: USL pewter with 3 reflectors - smooth, lop, mop. Light only - no power supply or charger.
$315 shipped usps priority mail to US. Outside USA to pay additional shipping - not responsible
for lost shipment. Prefer postal money order but will consider PP on and individual basis.
First post of "I'll take it with no qualifications" will have preference. I have little time to check
in here so please be a little patient. I should be able to check this thread once every 24 hours
until sold. Will not be able to ship until next weekend. Rick

**edit**
Charging cable is included.

Last edited:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Re: FS: USL - light only

An actual USL for sale - no wait required! Should sell like hotcakes. =)

Happy selling - wish I was in a position to take advantage of this great deal!

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: USL - light only

Rick,

It does include the charging cable, right? If not, do you need me to sell you one (or the buyer)? I seem to remember an email from you asking me about an extra charging cable. In any case, I can certainly sell the person who buys this light a charger with power supply and charging cable for $78. Or if the cable is included, I can sell the buyer of this light a Hitec CG-340 charger with 12VDC 5A power supply for $66 (plus shipping of $8). Charging cable alone = $12, shipping included.

Hope this helps you sell your USL.

rick258

Enlightened
Re: FS: USL - light only w/charging cable

Thanks Jim for bringing to my attention that I neglected to mention that the charging cable IS included.

Thanks for offering to sell the buyer a power supply and charger. I also hope that will persuade someone to take this great light off my hands.

Rick

rdh226

Enlightened

rick258 said:
Thanks for offering to sell the buyer a power supply and charger. I also hope that will persuade someone to take this great light off my hands.
Rick

I'm almost persuaded...vacillating...I really want a pewter one...

What's the overall condition? As new? Lightly chewed upon by your
bull mastif puppy? Somewhere inbetween? Closer to...

Battery pack is included, yes?

Spare bulb (in the tailcap)?

Twist my arm (gently, just a little).

rick258

Enlightened

rdh226 said:
I'm almost persuaded...vacillating...I really want a pewter one...

What's the overall condition? As new? Lightly chewed upon by your
bull mastif puppy? Somewhere inbetween? Closer to...

Battery pack is included, yes?

Spare bulb (in the tailcap)?

Twist my arm (gently, just a little).

Didn't you just buy one from Grox? But to answer you questions:

It is the same condition I received from Bill. Has never been dropped or abused. Has had about 3 cycles of the batteries - which are an internal pack and not "user" removable. Have never done an extended run time, most light has been on is in 5-6 minute runs and recharged as soon as dimming noticed. Will include spare bulb but does not fit in tailcap.

Will need you to sign/email hold harmless agreement that Bill originally had all purchasers do as this light can be dangerous if not properly respected.

Will not be able to communicate any more til after 7pm tonight as I am quite busy for the rest of the day.

Thanks for looking.
Rick

rdh226

Enlightened

rick258 said:
Didn't you just buy one from Grox?
Well, technically, all I've bought so far is a reservation...this is more
akin to instant gratification. And it's pewter!

It has been said one can never have too many guns. Extending that
philosophy to USLs seems not entirely unreasonable (Like I always
say: Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess). Besides, having
a spare will be handy when one of my soon-to-be-insanely-jealous friends
mugs me for mine (bearing in mind the disclaimer below, I decline to
publically speculate on just exactly how it will be handy).

rick258 said:
But to answer you questions:

It is the same condition I received from Bill. Has never been dropped or abused. Has had about 3 cycles of the batteries - which are an internal pack and not "user" removable. Have never done an extended run time, most light has been on is in 5-6 minute runs and recharged as soon as dimming noticed. Will include spare bulb but does not fit in tailcap.
Sounds good.

I'll take it.

rick258 said:
Will need you to sign/email hold harmless agreement that Bill originally had all purchasers do as this light can be dangerous if not properly respected.
Um...ok. Got a link handy?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's the link:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93748

and here is the actual statement:

AS A BUYER OF THE USL, I RECOGNIZE THAT THERE IS SOME INHERENT DANGER IN LIGHTS OF THIS NATURE SECONDARY TO THE INTENSE HEAT PRODUCED BY THESE LIGHTS AND THE STRESSES ON THE BATTERY, LAMP, ETC.

I ACCEPT THAT DANGER AND THE ASSOCIATED RESPONSIBILITY.

I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THE UTMOST CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO CREATE AS SAFE AND DEPENDABLE A LIGHT AS POSSIBLE.

I AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS ALL THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS DESIGN AND IT'S IMPLEMENTATION.

I AGREE TO ACT RESPONSIBLY IN IT'S USE AND HANDLING.

Bill

rick258

Enlightened

bwaites said:
Here's the link:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=93748

and here is the actual statement:

AS A BUYER OF THE USL, I RECOGNIZE THAT THERE IS SOME INHERENT DANGER IN LIGHTS OF THIS NATURE SECONDARY TO THE INTENSE HEAT PRODUCED BY THESE LIGHTS AND THE STRESSES ON THE BATTERY, LAMP, ETC.

I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT THE UTMOST CARE HAS BEEN TAKEN TO CREATE AS SAFE AND DEPENDABLE A LIGHT AS POSSIBLE.

I AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS ALL THOSE WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS DESIGN AND IT'S IMPLEMENTATION.

Bill

rdh226--

Please cut and paste the statement:

ADDED BY RICK258 FOR THIS SALE: I ALSO AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS RICK258 WHO IS SELLING THIS USL WHICH HAS NOT BEEN ADDITIONALLY MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH IN ANY WAY FROM THE PRODUCTION USL.

Please send to rick258atgmailcom and we will get this deal done.

Thanks
Rick

Thanks Bill for providing the link and text. Know I have it saved somewhere but you saved me the trouble of finding it.

rdh226

Enlightened

Disclaimer(s) emailed.

I do have a quibble with the disclaimer (its implementation, not its intent).

"it's" is a contraction meaning "it is"; you need to use the possesive adjective
form "its" in both instances in the disclaimer.

I have taken the liberty of making those two corrections in the emailed copies
of the USL Disclaimer.

Also, use of the word "secondary" is, I believe, inappropriate. Rather, you should
use an "associating" form, such as, e.g., "due" or "associated with" in its place.

Since I'm starting to sound like a lawyer (AIYEE! I'm not! Honestly!), I'm going to
stop now and go munch on a cookie.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

PoliceScannerMan said:
You know your buying one hell of a light when you gotta jump through those hoops! :rock:

But kinda understandable. The USL in a belt holster can cause minor burns to distracted owners.. :D

Nothing serious, more like the "ow, that hurts" and you pull your hand away immediately with no lasting consequences, but still, annoying.

Reminds me of the time I did "ow, that hurts" with an iron, and the damned thing took 3 weeks to heal.

So.... while the USL is a hot little beast and should be treated with respect, I can easily name everyday straightforward household appliances that can be just as, if not more, dangerous.

rdh226

Enlightened
Just wanted to post/follow-up on this one. It arrived last week. What a gorgeous,
ridiculous, absurd, delightful, impractical, and downright nifty toy it is! Doubles as a
handwarmer, too! What more can one ask for in a flashlight? (Rhetorical...heh)

I ordered an ICE charger without ever noticing it only goes to 10 cells! (Sheesh). So I
am gently charging it with my HP 6200B bench supply, and waiting for a Triton to
appear on my doorstep. Don't want to damage that battery pack, fer sure!

I am just a touch concerned over the frailty of the recharging arrangement; just gotta
remember to be very careful on that plug/socket arrangement.

Ever since -- oh so many moons ago -- I discovered just how much better a 3-D
flashlight (a shiny chrome Sportsman, I think made by Ray-O-Vac? hard to tell,
the nameplate is mostly worn away; later upgraded with those new-fangled halogen
bulbs; in fact as I look at it, I for the first time realize it has a LOP/MOP reflector! which
probably accounts for the nice beam pattern that breed always seemed to manage)
was compared to the plebian 2-D lights, I have wanted more More MORE
and the USL is delivering a childhood dream come true.

Thanks all!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like doing newspaper fire demonstrations with my red USL. I've got it down to under FIVE seconds now. I just blow one tiny puff towards it and, poof!

Makes for an entertaining dog walk light too :)

I really like having it.

Congrats on the purchase!