Need assistance bulding LUX III unit

mds82

Enlightened
I am new to this forum but have been lerking around for a while. I am looking to build a small unit with 2 Luxeon III emitters, but need a bit of help. I am making a small light source to illuminate the headlight rings on a BMW. My idea was to use 2 Luxeon III emitters and a power source. For power i was thinking the BuckPuck 1000mA . However, the entire unit needs to be small, about 1 or 1.5 inch x 1.5inch. My questions are, if people have sugestions:
1. How can i glue / epoxy the Lux Emitter to a piece of metal
2. Is there anything easier then a BuckPuck 1000mA for power?
3. It will be running off a 12v power source and can draw up to 10 Watts
4. Not a question - but if you've read here then THank you

Thanks everyone for the help.

jdhunter

Newly Enlightened
Just glue it directly to the metal (heatsink). Copper is the best heat conductor you can get at a hardware store, twice as conductive as aluminum. Note that the "slug" of the emitter is electrically connected to the die inside and must not be grounded or connected to the LED circuit. Make sure that the glue bond has "some" thickness; in other words don't push the emitter real hard into the glue and extrude it until some point of the slug touches the heatsink. Or electrically isolate the heatsink. It's easier to just make sure you don't ground the slug. Then you can fasten the heatsink directly to other conductive surfaces,

Sheet copper (high quality roofing flashing) would prob'ly be best considering the small size you want