can some one tell me what the hect this book was put on my door for?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i realy dont ever read i get thru a page or to and my mind wanders never fully geting the grasp of the book well some one left a book on my door called ten comandemnts twice removed wth did they do that for?its kinda freaking me out

drizzle

Enlightened
Well, you got me curious raggie so I did a little web search and found that it's associated with a Christian Broadcasting Network called 3ABN. They say they are non-denominational but have loose ties with the Seventh Day Adventist church. My guess would be that someone from that church dropped it off there, along with all the other houses in your neighborhood.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
there are people out there that are so convinced that they are right about the mysterious workings of the universe that they will try to convince everybody else that they are right too :) That book is probably more fringe and weird than most of those that you will encounter.

You've tried to read it, if it doesn't catch your interest toss it. You shouldn't feel like you have to read somebody's wackyness unless you want to.

Or better yet, write something mysterious and strange in the back cover and pass it on to someone else, carry on the weirdness!

nethiker

Enlightened
If you are still curious about the book you may want to take it to any church you feel comfortable with and ask someone there to explain it to you. It doesn't really matter who wrote it or what it says, it can still be a great introduction to spiritual questions and that's one of the churches most important jobs, to try and answer questions, or at least help you to ask the right questions. I like the Episcopal chruch because I find they are one of the few to admit they don't have all the answers.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man people always try to convert me for some reason maybe i dress funny or somethingo well guess its better then them leaveing a turd on my door step

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
They might not be picking on you. I get some of the proselytizing religious types knocking on my door occasionally. They've never left books, but they often leave pamphlets. They seem like basically good people, but maybe not the brightest among us. Minor annoyances at best.

I only wish the do-gooders and busybodies in our government were but minor annoyances. Fifty years ago when our government left us alone, these do-gooders could be swatted away like flies. Now they are in power. They are just as stupid and worthless as ever, and still have no respect for the rest of us, but now they have the power to make us miserable.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
we get those door to door pests here too.
if i answer i place one of my pets near the door first.when i open it the critter will go out and investigate.i say then satan come back in here!the pest looks down and notices the 12 foot snake coming out to them.
they leave fast!of course the boa wont harm then.but they dont know that!
we get more jehova's witnesses than anything.they are very persistant till they see the boa checking them out.last ones left so fast they hit a curb and blew a tire/busted a wheel.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
This particular book is not representative of any of the groups that we normally see going door to door in the US. This is further out there than any of that. This is one of those ideas that the government is in bed with satan and using their power to Immenatize the Eshcaton.

The regular door to door folks have always been very nice to me, and they are perfectly happy to be told that you're not interested thank you very much, no I dont need a copy of your pamphlet. It's much better to answer the door and tell them that, then they dont come back for a while. If they just think they missed you they keep trying! A good friend of mine is actually off doing a Mormon mission going door to door right now. He seems to be really enjoying himself and certainly isn't bothering people beyond saying hello and goodby if they aren't interested in talking to him.