• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: sandblasted minimag with clear powder topcoat *SOLD*

localguy808

Newly Enlightened
here's one for you minimag collectors. a sandblasted minimag with a clear powder coat on top of it for some protection. $25 bucks shipped to the U.S.

ddc0a2ed.jpg

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: sandblasted minimag with clear powder topcoat

Mini-Moder, something for you ?

Cheers !

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

Very nice indeed. I really like how that finish looks. Going to have to pass for now though.:broke:

greenLED

Flashaholic

Can you HA a bead-blasted surface?
Depending on the answer I may want a bare Al, bead-blasted minimag.

thezman

Enlightened

greenLED said:
Can you HA a bead-blasted surface?
Depending on the answer I may want a bare Al, bead-blasted minimag.

AR15 rifles are blasted (sand or beads??) before they are HA coated. So I'll say yes to your first question.

A blasted minimag will be the color of the light above, but I'm think natural HA imparts a greenish color to the Al. I'm not aware of a HA that is "clear".

thezman

Enlightened

And sorry for the hijack localguy808. :duh2:
Nice minimag. :goodjob:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'll take it!!!! :sold:

Eh, Howzit!!!

From one local kine guy to another.....

garans its one sweet minimag!

I missed that epic Chameleon you had for sale a while ago, righteous polishing from what I remember! I stay up North Shore, dont make town much. Mebbe we could hook up somewheres.

Last edited:

Mini-Moder

Enlightened

Nice grab LM, you will have to let us know how it turns out.

localguy808

Newly Enlightened

stay tuned for a polished minimag with top clear coat. looks like a chrome minimag with no worries about having to wear gloves to ruin the polishing. also per sizzlechest's request, a high gloss white powder coat should show up soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic

:popcorn: on the availability of bare Al bead blasted minimags
Mahalo

sizzlechest

Enlightened

localguy808 said:
stay tuned for a polished minimag with top clear coat. looks like a chrome minimag with no worries about having to wear gloves to ruin the polishing. also per sizzlechest's request, a high gloss white powder coat should show up soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys never cease to amaze me with unique lights! Can't wait to check out photos! Bring on the white!!!!!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
In the realm of high performance auto parts add ons, most aluminum bits are finished in powdercoat for its extraordinary toughness and uncanny ability to resist all kinds of harsh conditions and rough treatment (like suspension bits). Powdercoat looks awesome with a really unique and pleasant tactile feel and a permanent glossy look to it. It is extremely durable, laughs at attempts at scratching, oil/solvents, what have you. Maintenance free as well. Like having show quality custom paint (especially with the metallic and candy apple varieties, and can be layered) that never needs washing or waxing. I think it should be a heck of a lot more common in custom lights but its not, inexplicably. I am THRILLED with the quality of the metallic silver Minimag I received, its by far the nicest MM I own. Some pics. The metalflake is subtle but noticeable esp. in bright room light.

dsc00873red8009rt.jpg

greenLED

Flashaholic
localguy808, you should consider posting on the Modder's Yellow Pages and maybe adding linking your post there on your signature line. I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in having you beadblast their parts for a reasonable fee.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Absolutely first class powdercoat work! I'm just amazed with the quality of the finish. The glossy metalflake look is like a very expensive automotive finish, there is a depth to the finish, not flat like plain old anodizing.

I'm definitely up for more.... consider me *SOLD* in advance unless otherwise stated.]

Powdercoat me happy!!! ;)

localguy808

Newly Enlightened
much mahalo's lunarmodule.. i should have one more sandblasted mini with a clear topcoat, along with a cut down 1 AA mini with a candy apple red finish soon.. ill bore out the 1 AA mini's head to accept a 20 mm reflector. stay tuned....