Does anyone use Grisoft AVG Pro?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the free version but now I'm wondering if the Pro offers and advantages that might make it worthwhile.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I just bought the pro version for my new laptop because I can't find anyplace on their web site where they have free software, except for a trial version.

I don't see any significant differences between my old free version and the one I bought, but I also have not looked for any differences either.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
I'm running AVG pro for networks at my place of work. It has very good management capabilities for a workgroup that allows an adminstrator to check and manage settings from their own workstation rather than logging into the user's machine. It also has the ability to schedule regular scans which the free version cannot do. I just renewed the 2-year license for my workplace. $125 for 10 workstations for 2 years is quite a bargain compared to Norton/McAfee annual fees.

I do run the free version on my personal PC and am happy to just use that.

Free version is still available, it's hidden quite well on the main menu of the AVG site. Get to it directly at http://free.grisoft.com

There's also a chart showing the differences between the free and pro version at that url.