KL1 mod?

city cop

Newly Enlightened
I have both new and old L1's, I want to mod the old L1, maybe just chage the LED, if I can. I want to keep the same beam pattern that I have. Any idea's?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
You want to mod it yourself or have it modded? If the former get a heat gun, strap wrenches, a lot of patience and crack it open. If the latter, check out CM's post in Custom B/S/T. I have a few of his KL1 mods and like them.

-LT

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
L1 or KL1?? The early L1 "dumb" heads with low dome LED/optic are fairly easy to change the LED and switch to McR 18(?) reflector. I've only used the McR 20s which require a thinner window and modification to the reflector or making a longer bezel ring. I haven't tried it on the one early (optic) KL1 I have yet.

Larry

city cop

Newly Enlightened
It's a older L1 not KL1, I do have the new KL1 and L1 as well, but wondering if there is a simple upgrade or drop in. I got skins!!!! anyone wona do it for me?:laughing:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
city cop said:
It's a older L1 not KL1, I do have the new KL1 and L1 as well, but wondering if there is a simple upgrade or drop in. I got skins!!!! anyone wona do it for me?:laughing:

Check with Chop.

Chop's replacing my KL1 optic to a McR20 reflector and putting in a UCL lens.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Took one of the old heads apart with a strap wrench the other night...pulled out the optic, and simply dropped in one of the old McFlood reflectors...

Geesh, now it's another "keeper" (how many "keepers" do I need?! :ohgeez: ) - really NICE 2 level flood task light now!!!

I thought about changing out the LED until I saw the results of my simple actions!