REI sale on gerber lights

gnef

Enlightened
I didn't see this posted, but if it is a repost, feel free to dispose of this thread...

i just received an REI magazine/ad that shows that they have 'all gerber lighting' 25% off. i don't know what their 'regular' prices are, or if this will even be competitive... but i just wanted to let everyone know.

edit - i also see a 25% off all pelican cases. if there is more applicable, i'll post as i see it.

edit2 - forgot to mention that the sale is from May fifth through fourteenth

Last edited:

drizzle

Enlightened
Little known fact about REI sales. When you buy an item there, if there is a price reduction within 30 days they will honor the reduced price. So you don't even need to wait for the sale. Just buy it at regular price then go back for the price adjustment during the sale.

This might be handy if what you are looking to buy is of limited quantities. It's also nice to avoid the sale crowds. The downside is you do have to go back a second time to get the price adjustment.

[Edited for clarity]

Last edited:

txaggiechl

Newly Enlightened
Darn, I just picked up a Gerber Infinity Ultra on Friday! I had a $7 dividend from their coop, so with tax, the light was still under $20, but still, if only I'd have waited another day or two & NOT THROWN AWAY MY RECEIPT!

Maybe I should stop buying lights for awhile...I picked up two Fenix lights when 4sevens was blowing them out two weeks ago, only to find out today that Fenix has JUST released better lights with a two-stage feature & higher input voltage!!! Probably explains why fenix-store & lighthound had such good prices on these this!

Oh well, no big deal, they're still great lights & all the better at less than $30 each!

VWTim

Enlightened
If you tossed your reciept talk to REI customer service, they keep stuff on file and can probably find a copy.

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
txaggiechl said:
Darn, I just picked up a Gerber Infinity Ultra on Friday! I had a $7 dividend from their coop, so with tax, the light was still under $20, but still, if only I'd have waited another day or two & NOT THROWN AWAY MY RECEIPT!

Maybe I should stop buying lights for awhile...I picked up two Fenix lights when 4sevens was blowing them out two weeks ago, only to find out today that Fenix has JUST released better lights with a two-stage feature & higher input voltage!!! Probably explains why fenix-store & lighthound had such good prices on these this!

Oh well, no big deal, they're still great lights & all the better at less than $30 each!

they can look up by membership number.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to confirm, the sale doesn't start till 5/14?

Locally (socal), the Gerber Infinity Ultras are $21 normally.

BTW, is it difficult to swap out the LED in the new Infinitys?

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Swapping out the led is easier with the new ultras than the old ones, but still not exactly trivial.

Various online dealers have been selling the new model in the $15 range, so 25% off of $21 is nothing spectacular.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info on the LED swapping Paulr. I'd like to put in a Nichia CS if possible (and not too difficult). Are there any how-to threads on that?

I've seen them online for less, but then I have to pay $6-$7 online for shipping whereas locally, it's only a buck-something tax.

gnef

Enlightened
sorry for the confusion, it is from may fifth through the fourteenth. i think if you go to their website they have more info on it as well.

gnef

Enlightened
to clarify: that is for a 'full-price' item. which can still be a good deal. just not on the things that are already 25% off.

InfidelCastro

Banned
I just noticed under the Gerber LX 3.0 where they have "things you might need for this item" they have a 4 pack of Energize lithium bats. You're not supposed to use lithiums in the Gerber LX 3.0.

Not to mention they're about $1.50 more than the overpriced ones at Walmart...