Finally an LED Replacement for the Mag Charger

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Seems like an ok Product. Good price.

But, the idea isn't going to set well with me. I bought my MC because it was amazingly bright and relativley cheap, especially with an 1160.

I personally don't want to make it 1/4 the brightness soley for the runtime.

I guess it's a decent deal if you need rechargable and long run time with a "pretty bright" light depending on the task. But then you have to wrestle with the size. Deffinatley does give you flexability though. Thats always a good thing.

This IS CPF after all, so we all would of course buy a light more suitable to the task at hand. and then ALSO buy the upgrade just to compare it. :touche:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I'm glad to see someone pondering the notion of an LED update for the MagCharger, I don't think the current one is going to be of much use for me. I don't know about anyone else, but the reason I bought my magcharger was to have lots and lots of light! For me it's just not going to be a valid "replacement" module until it is capable of the same level of light output. For runtime I have several other lights that are much smaller and lighter that will do the job. <sigh>.

greenLED

Flashaholic
They're made by TerraLux, IIRC. The concern I have is with that thick wrapping of what looks like neoprene. I will speculate that it doesn wonders for keeping the emitter hot and not transferring the heat onto the body of the light - not good.