• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired low profile push button on/off switches?

newlight-06

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to assemble a LED light and need a low profile on/off switch with tactile click feel. I ordered a few online but they were all only momentary on/off switches. I am not clear what I need to look for (or what I am doing wrong with the samples I ordered) to get it to be used as a basic on off switch (not just momentary when you hold the button down).

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

NL-06

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
lots of options out there - what kind of light are we talking?? I'm a big fan of the VG clickie...

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do they sell them separately?
ACMarina said:
lots of options out there - what kind of light are we talking?? I'm a big fan of the VG clickie...

Last edited:

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
newlight-06, are you looking for the component only, or are you looking for a assembled switch in a tail-piece ?

I have modded a small ON/OFF clicker in an Arc LS Twist-tube...
Read about it here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1303879
I cannot do anymore of them, because I don't have a source for the switches.
The come in the "cheapo" 3xAAA "chinese" leds flashlights from eB*y...

You can see more pics of this switch here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/110266

Let me know what you need and what you've found !
Cheers !!

newlight-06

Newly Enlightened
Bombelman,
Yes, I am simply looking for the component. The issue seems that I am not quite techie enough to know how to order a switch that goes - in very simple terms I can understand - "ON" with a click, then "OFF" with a click. Of course, I could be a total idiot (I've considered this before), but I have a stack of low profile switches, but they only stay on as long as you hold the button down.

I clicked though some links on your email and found the following spec on a low profile switch. It had this listed in the features part: SPST momentary ON. I do not know what that means, but I can only assume it means "momentary". Any ideas what specs to look for and how to get the right button - meaning, "ON" click, "OFF" click.

( = Thanks

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be we are on the same page here. We are looking for the same switch. The only I have used from the Cheapy Led-lights ARE the smalles "clickers" I've found so far...

I'm guessing there's one in the I-Jet light also, but I can't gat any details on that switch.... I must say they are also called "reverse clickies"....

That means they don't come on with a half-press... You need to "click" it to turn on...

Fletch

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like what you want is a SPST ON-OFF pushbutton switch. Nothing momentary.

I would suggest visiting digikey.com and looking through their catalog. I just did a quick search and it looks like you might find what you're after on page 1477. There are quite a few switches on that page made by Judco that may or may not fit your application. If they don't, just look around for a different one :)