Push the tailcap of L1P/L2P for momentary on ?

Delvance

Enlightened
Since the Fenix lights became popular, one of the most consistent complaints seem to be a lack of a normal clickie.

As everyone knows, once the tailcap/switch is modded for high/low mode via a resistor, the tailcap has to be twisted off as clicking only accesses the high or low mode.

I found that with my L1P, to twist it off, i could do it very comfortably with one hand only, and my habit of twisting it off was just a little beyond where off is. Now when i use my thumb to press on the side of the tailcap (say ~30% of the tailcap), the light would come on until pressure was released. There have been several times where i used the Fenix like this...so the way i see my light (with my usage/carry style), it has tailcap momentary, clickie high/low, twist on/off and lockout.

Just wondering if anyone else does this as so many people ask for a normal clickie ?

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has been brought up before; I know at least a couple people use their Fenix this way. However, I'm not sure every light will work this way. My L1P wouldn't. It was way too "touchy" (sensitive) and I wasn't able to dial it in. I never tried it on my L2P/L1P head/body (and I just sold it).

I don't know why there's so many reverse-clicky lights these days (Fenix, Jetbeam). I much prefer a regular clicky that can be used momentarily. The Inova T series has an excellent switch.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Delvance:)

The same way I use my L1P. I like this method and I'm very happy with this possibility.
For my larger hands it's really easy to push the whole tailcap for momentary on, instead to push very careful on a forward clicky at the end of a little light.

Best regards

____
Tom

Delvance

Enlightened
Planterz,

Ahh ok, cheers. I havn't seen the threads mentioning this myself, thought i might share and see how many people were using their Fenixs with that method also. To be honest, i like the reverse clickie...all my lights are normal clickies and the Fenix makes a nice change. I also think my Inova T3 clickie is way too firm (needs alot of pressure to activate).

Long John,
Likewise here, much easier for me to just press the tailcap as my thumbs are quite large! Like you said, much easier this way :)

NeoteriX,
Thanks for the link. Just skimmed the thread for the heck of it even though i have no intentions to change the clickie to a normal one...i quite like the reverse clickie (no, no particular reason really...just a bit different to my other lights i guess).

Macaw

Enlightened
I turned mine off (unintentional) like that and it turned on in my pocket while in the sheath. I didn't know it until it was burning my leg. It gets really hot in the sheath!:whistle:

Last edited: