FA - Flashaholics Anonymous

gnef

Enlightened
I searched, but couldn't find anything along these lines, so...

Hi, my name is Melvin, and I am a flashaholic. i've been clean for about 5 weeks of not buying a flashlight.

Empath

Flashaholic
Two days here.............. I think.

Let's see............ hmmm..... no, I don't think I bought a flashlight yesterday. Yep; two days here.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do we have to count by days? Hours might be more appropriate in my case :lolsign:

-DF

greenLED

Flashaholic
Such is my addiction, that I've started having problems with the "light-law". Here's a little something from my last conviction:

I actually haven't bought a light in a couple of weeks... but I just bought some parts for modding over the weekend. Have I violated my parole agreement? Please, somebody send me some batteries. :laughing:

dragoman

Enlightened
Just got a new one last night, a River Rock 2c spot that I'm trying out at work this week. Last night it seemed to throw really well, that perfect circle spot pattern is pretty neat.

Oh, and I DON'T have a problem......its everyone else :D

dragoman

gnef

Enlightened
haha. that picture's hilarious. mind if i ask what you took it for?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
12 step programs are serious for helping people with problems that are affecting themselves and their families. If your family life is suffering because you pay too much attention to flashlights, that's a serious problem. Comparing it to alcoholism or whatever addiction or joking about "FA" isn't funny. Those are serious problems. Maybe you need an internet forum dedicated to your interest so you can share with people who might care.... Oh, yeah....

greenLED

Flashaholic
gnef said:
haha. that picture's hilarious. mind if i ask what you took it for?
Well... one of the mods told me to stand by the wall and face the cam. I didn't want further trouble (the arrest was a little "rough", I wouldn't go without a fight), so I complied. :crackup:

No, seriously, I took it to show everybody that my eyes really glow green. The "CPF Police" thingy was just for kicks. :nana:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I gotta drive ~240 miles saturday to pick up an AN/VSS-3A tank searchlight. I'm OK and you're not! (If anyone remembers transactional analysis!) What freekin' addiction! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh :D

Larry

AtomSphere

Enlightened
:laughing: greenLED thats hilarious stopryline and mug shot u got there!

BTW did they forgot to conviscate the LED on ya helmet? :laughing:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
Well... one of the mods told me to stand by the wall and face the cam. I didn't want further trouble (the arrest was a little "rough", I wouldn't go without a fight), so I complied. :crackup:

No, seriously, I took it to show everybody that my eyes really glow green. The "CPF Police" thingy was just for kicks. :nana:

:tsk: I know the "real" story behind the "migshot"..............:whistle:

BTW I have no flashlights, I do have several Illumination devices/tools but no flashlights.;)

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL This thread is very relevant for many of us here on CPF. I can think of many things that we could discuss about our compulsions, denials and obsessions with CPF. Some of us could use a light hearted support thread such as this. no pun intended ;)

Super funny GreenLED! :D

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I was doing good for a few months, no new lights. Now a couple of days ago I bought a SL 4AA propoly luxeon from fox. I probably would have bought a jetbeam, but it looked like emillion had stopped selling the first batch.

TorchMan

Enlightened
Flashaholic? I resemble that remark!

Actually I haven't bought a light since January, at least that's when I paid for three different ones. Received two in February, and the last in March. There is definitely a thrill in buying and receiving a new light! I tend to work on the all or none principal, as most of the lights in my signature arrived between July '05 and December, with the exception of the last three.

I just use my EDCs lately, and every night pick one or two of the others in the collection for a quick lumen workout. It's a life long disease, though I'm winning the battle for now. :grin2:

I want some more...

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, my name is Jim. I don't have a problem. The fact that I had to take out a 2nd on my house to buy a few lights is totally irrevalent.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's been a few weeks now since getting an Energizer Penlight. Think I'll be okay for awhile, unless some other interesting sub-$10, make that sub-$20 light comes along.

Geoff

zulu45

Enlightened
Hi, my name's Kevin, and I'm a flashaholic. This is my first meeting. Since joining CPF, I've ended up spending, in such a short time, over $200 on flashlights. I've just received a new Fenix L2P, which has only furthered my addiction. In the need for a power outage, I find myself debating on firing at the transformer outside on the electric pole, to force a power outage.

I don't know why my family made me come here, I don't have a problem. I can stop buying these lights anytime I want. They have the problem, using all those old incandescent lights.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was doing really really good at the begining. I bought an orb and then to satisfy my need for a keychain light I got on the pre-order for a Nano. That was a year and a half ago since then I've had to buy light after light to take the place of the empty space on my key ring. I was doing pretty good for the last couple of months I didn't buy a single light.. but then.... snifffff I fell off the wagon when a friend offered me a full set package VIP Bare Al 'Smoothy".. with every single aditional adition to the VIP including the little plastic lantern head from TnC...I I I I couldn't resist and I had to buy it.. but I've been clean for 2 weeks now since that little ... slip... but I got a smoothy :grin2:

Doug