• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MrBulk SpaceNeedleII with Assault&Batteries

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one of the last few MrBulk assembled SpaceNeedleII's along with an Assault&Batteries tailpiece. (Which allows the light to run off 6AA cells, also included.) That allows running off 3 sources: 3 CR123 cells, 2 LiIon18650's, or 6 NiMH cells.

The LED is at least a W Binned LuxV, handpicked by Charlie. Charlie could only tell me that it was at least a W bin or better. Total run time is less than 10 hours in the 2 plus years I have owned it.

Comes with a new stock reflector for throw, but you could add a non-cammed orange peel reflector to smooth out any artifacts. This cuts the throw slightly, but doesn't kill it.

The LED looks to be in the bluish side of the WO bin to me, but is very white overall. Great output and color. It throws well in the Mag reflector.

$170, but I will consider trade offers if they are very interesting.

Bill

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never been very successful at posting pics here on CPF, but I can email some once I get to my home computer.

I'll need you to PM me your email.

Bill

Last edited:

G-2

Enlightened
PIC's

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Dawg

Enlightened
I, being a newbie, have never seen one of those. I tried the old google searches and came up with many different text based references, but no pics. So it is a very good thing indeed that you posted pics.

Being naive about most Flashlight mods leaves me with a somewhat innocent perspective. The thing has an air of coolness. But, it also pulls on my strings of witicism. To me, that thing looks like a D cell was being tailgated by a C cell and the D cell hit the brakes.

All kidding aside, It looks neat!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SpaceNeedleII starts life as a 2C mag, then has the switchpost modded and a heat sink installed.

A nicely binned LuxeonV is then direct driven to produce the maximum amount of light.

The Assault&Batteries carrier is designed to allow the use of 6 NiMH or alkaline cells to drive the Luxeon. The carrier runs inside the body of the C cell mag and stiffens the body as well.

The shiny tip is made of Titanium, to handle the drops or act as an impact weapon on a window or other object which needs a blunt impact!

When grasped and the head end of the body, the tail has enough mass to be an effective weapon.

Bill

Dawg

Enlightened
bwaites said:
The SpaceNeedleII starts life as a 2C mag, then has the switchpost modded and a heat sink installed.

A nicely binned LuxeonV is then direct driven to produce the maximum amount of light.

The Assault&Batteries carrier is designed to allow the use of 6 NiMH or alkaline cells to drive the Luxeon. The carrier runs inside the body of the C cell mag and stiffens the body as well.

The shiny tip is made of Titanium, to handle the drops or act as an impact weapon on a window or other object which needs a blunt impact!

When grasped and the head end of the body, the tail has enough mass to be an effective weapon.

Bill
Thanks for the "Enlightenment" Now it makes a lot of sense. I am very tempted to say those 3 little words. I am afraid that if I got it, my wife would take it........and use it on me. I can see at least two distinct possibilities for her to facilitate its use at least.

Now that you explained that it is a 2 C with the attached handle, puts it in perspective much better. I like it very much. That is cool. Is it a good thrower?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was the best LED thrower I had seen until I had a LuxIII U-bin built and driven at 1.5 amps. That single die driven that hard could throw a tight spot a long way.

This light throws well, but not quite that well. It will light up the roof of the house down the hill from me, which is about 150 yards away.

It does, however, put out a lot more light overall.

Bill

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hi there,

Congrats on the sale PSM! I've been away for a few days and poking around to see whats shaking and see THIS thread. I have no imperative need for a super nice Mag C Lux V light.... PSM himself sold me a 1C Pocketmate that I use constantly otherwise I would have jumped at it....

So, PSM, when its gathered enough dust from you not using it, send it my way for my turn. I STILL cant believe you never used the Pocketmate....

TOTALLY OT BUT I must thank Bill to the ends of the spinning Earth for the Minimag/brinkman/Pelican version of the "tree hit the house sale" package that arrived today! WOW! What a load of FUN. The lights are awesome, the packaging unreal in its thoroughness/protection of contents, extras truly appreciated! LOVE the compass especially! ALL that and got my Stenlight FINALLY after all my hesitation. You are spot on about this gem, Bill, it does render a lot of handlhelds superfluous. I quick-modded it to a UK Light Cannon lantern handle for a "bodiless" flashlight. Just want to say mega THANKS for the sale and I'm having a good lot of fun with the lot of loot! Bill is tops to transact business with! Mahalos!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo, slightly OT, but Lunarmodule - check PM, something about a two-stage LED/HID :D

PSM: Get Mr Bulk to add the appropriate wizardry and rheostat so you have the only variable-power Space Needle in existence :D

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here Is my version of this light. Those titanium tipped batons are extreemely cool. I beleive they represent the first use of titanium in a flashlight.
I have a lux III in this one being driven to it's maximum using a driver from the shop. This is a very bright white flashlight.
I love this mod. It is perfect for a walk in the neighborhood. Buy this light and insure it falls into good havnds.
Yaesumofo

DSCN7043cropsm.jpg

Latest posts