My U2 is Finally Back!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came home this afternoon around 6:00 PM and I did not see the box... then, UPS showed up at around 6:25 PM and brought my the little gem.

Initially, the new U2 appears to have a much whiter tint than my other Surefire's (L5 and L2).

There is a small donut hole but it is a marked improvement over the original one that I have.

It appears that the light may be a little less bright than the KL5 head on a C3 Centurian body but it may just be the tint that it tricking me as the new U2 has a much whiter tint.

Darkness is approaching!

-Goatee

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey congrats! Took 'em long enough, huh? Now as long as the tailcap doesn't crap out on you, you'll be all set! ;)

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still waiting for a new head to come from manufacturing...but i'm at the top of the list. I wonder how many people have heard of that one. My wait time, approx 1 month.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to wait approximately 10 weeks. It was excruciating.

I also have a KT1HA Turbohead that it yet to be returned.

I have to say, I am thrilled that I got this light back. Crossing my fingers on the tailcap!

I have to say, the tint of this light is really white and I think the reflector is a thing of beauty!

-Goatee

greenLED

Flashaholic
It's been 5-6 weeks here. Sounds like replacements will arrive in "10 days" (this time I got it in writing!). That means I'll get my light back sometime this summer. :nana:

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
It's my impression that a more focused beam often looks "less bright" than a flood - if you are indoors. If you shoot them at a wall 6 feet away, my L4 seems significantly brighter than my WW0S U2. If I bounce on the Ceiling, it's clear that the U2 is brighter. When I shine the light at something that's 20-30 feet away, you can really tell the difference. The U2 really lights up what's in the center and the L4 just lights up the area....