Fenix L1P L2P discontinued

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you see that the L1P and L2P have been discontinued?

Cheers. :buddies:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
It never fails to amaze me as to how gullible web surfers can be or how quickly they are about spreading tales of questionable veracity, but then I see some societal rejects in retail stores posing as sales associates in retail stores spewing the same diatribe to confused, bewildered, mainstream consumers at stores like Best Buy as well.

In any case, a retail vendor may stop carrying a product in favor of a newer model, or just in hopes of increasing sales. That has no relevance to whether the manufacturer has actually discontinued the item. And in this case it is most certainly incorrect.

moshen said:
Looks like Fenix L1P and L2P's are discontinued and L1T and L2T with 3watt LEDs are replacing them.

http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/flashlights main/fenix.htm

greenLED

Flashaholic
A vendor not having the full line is no certain indication of a discontinued model. Or is it? I'm not keeping close tabs on the Fenixes anymore (nothing wrong with them, I'm just concentrating on other things). I'd trust 4sevens with an accurate answer to this one.

moshen

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
It never fails to amaze me as to how gullible web surfers can be or how quickly they are about spreading tales of questionable veracity, but then I see some societal rejects in retail stores posing as sales associates in retail stores spewing the same diatribe to confused, bewildered, mainstream consumers at stores like Best Buy as well.

In any case, a retail vendor may stop carrying a product in favor of a newer model, or just in hopes of increasing sales. That has no relevance to whether the manufacturer has actually discontinued the item. And in this case it is most certainly incorrect.

Oh calm down. It really does seem like it's been discontinued and Tadgear has been keeping close track of these lights for a while. It also says so on the L1P page. So what info do you have that it's in fact NOT being discontinued?

moshen

Newly Enlightened
Brighteyez said:
Well if a retail vendor tells you so, it must be gospel.
Just like anything that you read on the web must be factual.

I didnt say it was fact. My original post says it "LOOKS LIKE the L1P has been discontinued". And in fact it does LOOK LIKE it has been. In any case yea, I'll wait for 4sevens to respond.

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they are discontinuing the L1P and L2P, it's hardly surprising. Even at the cheaper price, they wouldn't sell well next to the LT series

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you could try these guys, but they probably don't really know, they're just the manufacturer. Besides, English isn't even their primary language.

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/index.htm

If your precious tadgear tells you it's so, and you believe their every word, then you shouldn't let others dissuade you.

moshen said:
Oh calm down. It really does seem like it's been discontinued and Tadgear has been keeping close track of these lights for a while. It also says so on the L1P page. So what info do you have that it's in fact NOT being discontinued?

Blindspot

Newly Enlightened
sssh.gif
I spoke with God just a few minutes ago, and she informed me that the Fenix L1p and L2P will both be discontinued, at some point.

moshen

Newly Enlightened
Planterz said:
If they are discontinuing the L1P and L2P, it's hardly surprising. Even at the cheaper price, they wouldn't sell well next to the LT series

Agreed. The T's are the same price and have more features and the L1T has the option of using a 3.7v lithium with the 3watt Luxeon.

Last edited:

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:
Well you could try these guys, but they probably don't really know, they're just the manufacturer. Besides, English isn't even their primary language.

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/index.htm

If your precious tadgear tells you it's so, and you believe their every word, then you shouldn't let others dissuade you.
What's with the hostility? You need to calm down. You also need to notice that the Fenix site still lists the original L1 including the silver body one; so much for them being up to date.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know Americans often think that the US is the only industrialized nation in the world. But from what I understand, I think China thinks very much in the same manner, and in Cantonese, China is often referred to as the center of the universe, or more literally, the central nation. In any case, I don't think the U.S. is the only country that Fenix ships to, though they probagly make the fattest profit margins from the U.S. What they don't ship to the U.S., they may ship to other countries. And last I heard, there were retail vendors in the U.S. that still sold the L1.

But just to give merit to the rumors, it's also not uncommon for a Chinese manufacturer to fully abandon a line of products once they move on to the next generation. And that can apply to US companies with manufacturing facilities in China (anyone try to get a Gen 3 iPod fixed lately?)

Planterz said:
What's with the hostility? You need to calm down. You also need to notice that the Fenix site still lists the original L1 including the silver body one; so much for them being up to date.

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you may have forgotten the part about her not being of caucasoid imagery as well :D

Blindspot said:
sssh.gif
I spoke with God just a few minutes ago, and she informed me that the Fenix L1p and L2P will both be discontinued, at some point.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Planterz said:
What's with the hostility?
I was going to ask the same question.

Apologies, moshen, if my inital post was rude. I see how you followed some inductive process based on what you saw on TAD's site.

What I meant to say that, IMO, having TAD Gear (or any other vendor for that matter) not list an item on their website is not an indication of what a manufacturer is doing with their product line. Whether that is an example of weak induction or not, I can't say for sure with the information I have on hand. I think 4sevens is the one closest to Fenix and would be a great person to ask for confirmation on this issue.

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that Tadgear may have messed up on the specs of the L1T.

3-watt 100,000-hour R bin Luxeon LED

I bet they accidently stated it as a "3-watt" when the R bin Luxeon is a 1 watt.

Now, they DO state 3-watt 100,000-hour T bin Luxeon LED for the L2T, . . . even though it says "FENIX L1T" in the specs description. I think they need to proof read their site and update.

dca2

Enlightened
Orion said:
I think that Tadgear may have messed up on the specs of the L1T.

I bet they accidently stated it as a "3-watt" when the R bin Luxeon is a 1 watt.

Now, they DO state 3-watt 100,000-hour T bin Luxeon LED for the L2T, . . . even though it says "FENIX L1T" in the specs description. I think they need to proof read their site and update.

Flashlight Nerd! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2dim

Enlightened
I think that the proliference of new lights, usually from Asia, and fast advancing technology leaving relatively recent purchases somewhat 'obsolete', has left many of us a bit edgy...me anyway.

Last edited: