Water resistance of popular lights

mccavazos

Enlightened
I have a modded Micra, Q-III with a FluPIC, a Fenix, a Propoly 4AA Lux, X0, X5, and an ARC AAA.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these lights and their waterproofness.

I tested my Fenix last night by leaving it submerged in a bottle of water overnight, while on. This morning it was bone dry inside, and sucked the NiMH AA down to 0.81V.

My big question is about the Micra, I have the UCL Kit, a McCapsule, and an McR-18. The Bezel is put together as follows: Bezel, Lens, then O-ring, then reflector. If I remember correctly, when it came in the package it was Bezel, plastic window, o-ring, optic. It would make sense that the optic would make a good seal with the o-ring and window, and therefore give claim to the depth rating of the Micra, but what about in my setup? I don't really want to dunk my investment and potentially ruin it.

Q-III? Everything is stick except the Flupic and star, I can see that it is o-ring sealed everywhere, but i have never thought of it as a waterproof light.

I know the x5 is rated to several hundred feet, but has anyone really tested it?

x0, propoly? (both stock)

And i don't have to ask about the ARC AAA, mine has been through the wash countless times.

Chris

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight CS has told me via email that while the Propoly 4AA isn't dive rated, it's waterproof to between 50 and 100 feet. I've dropped mine in a swimming pool(~15') and in the 20 minutes it took me to find a net and retrieve it, it had no leakage. I use it in the rain constantly and have no trouble.

Cheers. :buddies: