Just received my L1P

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to this forum, I learn't about Fenix and the L1p in particular caught my eye as a light I would need to get. With any type of equipment the addage states that the best one is usually the one you have with you when you need it the most. That being said the L1p will probably fit the bill on that statement more so than any of my other lights. For one thing, its SMALL! I am cursed with larger hands and its taking a little getting used to, in working the L1p without blocking the beam with the fleshy part of my hand :awman: .

However, the light it produces for using readily available AA's is incredible and rivals my E1L easily. In retrospect I should have ordered the l2p on account of size but I figure it will just take a little getting used to in order to become comfortable with this light.

I have an Orb RAW en route to me and will post my impressions of it as it should be here before the weekend. A year ago, buying my E2D defender was a leap of faith for me, and now I'm buying up lights like candy! :lolsign:

zulu45

Enlightened
Congrats! Ironically, I just received my L2P in the mail today. And lucky me, I'm 3/3 on the Luxeon lottery. I got a completely perfect white tint on mine. After seeing the power of this light, I'm now a Fenix Fanatic. I didn't have the problem with the O-Ring breaking, like some did, though, because I open it slowly (very slowly) the first time.

So... how's the tint on your end?

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
Great to hear from another Fenix fan :goodjob:

The tint is a smooth and clear white on my L1p, with no apparent flaws (touch wood) on regular and white surfaces. As for the O rings, that was one thing I also feared after reading the numerous complaints online. As a precaution I had some Nyogel on standby as I SLOWLY unscrewed the cap, but was relieved to see that it came well greased up from the factory.

All in all, aside from the size, the L1P is one amazing little light that lives up to all the praise its received here. I'm probably gonna be a lifetime Fenix supporter now as just as I received my L1p I see the release of the L1T :mecry::ohgeez:

barnabe

Newly Enlightened
A cute and sturdy little light. Not as bright as my L2P but it's enough for an everyday regular use.
It's a perfect flashlight to give as a gift (to a non flashaolic people) because it uses regular and easy to find AA cells.
I bought two of it: one for my brother, and one for me.

Buckeye

Enlightened
Spydie try this. I have big fingers too. Put your hand down palm up. Lay the L1P across your fingers with the clicky on your index finger and the bezel on your pinky finger. Now put your index finger and pinky finger on top of the flashlight leaving the middle and ring finger on the bottom. Now turn your hand over. The fingers will sqiush together, leaving the clicky accessible to your thumb and leaving the bezel exposed. I usually put the lanyard on my wrist. This leaves a very secure grip and all the proper parts exposed. It feels strange at first, but it works. Just my $.02.:wave:
Doug

mdvb747

Newly Enlightened
I have big hands as well, and I find myself holding the L1P exactly how Buckeye explained. Both my L1P and L2P came in the mail about two weeks ago, I guess I won the lottery on the L1P but have been disappointed with my L2P as it's slightly dimmer and has a more green tint with both lights running on lithium AA's. Oh well, I now I'm hooked on the Fenix lights. I'm just waiting for some initial reviews of the L1T, L2T and the P1, then I'm sure I'll end up buying them all.