Surefire LED family revision history?

Shaocaholica

Enlightened
Is there any good resource on the web that documents the revision history of Surefire products? I've noticed that many online vendors are listing Surefire LED lights as having different lumen ratings from the Surfire website. Im sure some of these are just typos but obviously there different revisions as well and I can't seem to find any good guides about the matter. I also want this info so when I buy my next surefire, I know what revision Im getting.

roguesw

Enlightened
unfortunately, surefire does not document its changes, they make inline changes in the product all the time and dont tell the customers untill someone buys it and post it on the forum, that something has changed
if u know which specific light you are after, you could post a more specific question, the scope of your question is actually quite large in relation to the number of surefire products and the various revisions that each product has experienced.
Size15 knows a lot about surefires so you could shoot him a pm to ask him about specifics about surefires
hope this helps
des

Size15's

Flashaholic
Trying to keep up with the changes is difficult enough when you work for SureFire. It's almost impossible unless you buy lots of lights again and again over the course of months and years... Even then you may only spot the superficial changes and some of the important changes to internals like electronics or whatever may go un-noticed by CPF for ages.

I used to make it my business (hobby) to know everything about SureFires but it took so much time and must've bugged the hell out of PK and others at SureFire. Too many questions!!

Bottomline: Each flashlight is what it is. Either it's good enough for you, or not. Sometimes its worth the effort to get an issue with a flashlight resolved [if you can realise something is wrong]. Othertimes its better just to move on.

Al

freeman4ever

Newly Enlightened
Size15's said:
Bottomline: Each flashlight is what it is. Either it's good enough for you, or not. Sometimes its worth the effort to get an issue with a flashlight resolved [if you can realise something is wrong]. Othertimes its better just to move on.
That's worthy of a sig line...