LED bin codes?

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
I've read the LED bin codes FAQ at http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm .

It seems pretty straight forward.

... but I can't put it together with the LED codes at the Shoppe. I want a white Lux III to run direct drive from a 18650 cell. The closest thing they seem to have is (LXHL-PW09) UX1L.

U = ???
X = 192.0 ~ 249.6 lumens
1 = quite green (I want it as white as I can get it... but they don't seem to have those)
L = 3.75V ~ 3.99V

What does the U mean? How can I get a *X3L (or a nice white one)?

I want to mod a HY SWAT that has a dead LED.

ibcj

Enlightened
U = 87.4 - 113.6 lumens
X1 - refers to color range of tint - see "New Bin Coding System Chart - Colored"
L - 3.75V - 3.99V

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need to look further down the page at "New Bin Coding System Chart - Colored" and you will see that *X1* is a two digit representation of the color, with X1 being pretty close to white. U*** shows the flux (not the X that you picked up on). You have the Vf part correct at 3.75-3.99v.

schiesz

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Tom:)

So far I know, a LiIon cell will come out of a charger with 4,2 Volts.

Thats more than the vf. Perhaps can an expert something say about the security of the Led.

Best regards

_____
Tom

mdocod

Flashaholic
I was planning on asking a question about direct driving lux1 and lux3s from a li-ion (17500 in mind)... I am thinking about using a single 17500 in a cardboard sheeth inside of my little taskforce 1W, instead of 3xAAA... I suppose I'll drop my question in here... since we are both looking to do roughly the same thing.. I was also considering swapping the stock lux1 to a lux3 and am kinda "in the dark" about where to buy individual lux stars...
My gut tells me that it's probably borderline, but shouldn't be a problem so long as I don't overheat it.