Suggestions? Need a long running handheld flooder

pbs357

Enlightened
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 170 lumen (or more) bright, flood/wall of light style beam light that will run for more than one our - 2hrs will do, more of course is better! I love the output of my 6p with Wolf-Eyes D26 9v lamp on 2xrcr123's but the fun only lasts for about 30 minutes. So I got a 4x123 12v light, but that only got me up to one hour (plus it eats 4 of those 123's!). Is there an option for 170-ish lumens, flood light output that will last at least 2 hours and still be "hand held" size (backpack/inside coat pocket-able)? Rechargeable is preferred but not mandatory. I put this in the general forum as I am not really aware if LED's could do it, but they sure are neat!. Thanks!

paulr

Flashaholic
170 lumens, 2 hour runtime, and pocket size, you're not asking much, are you :crackup:. Seriously, the usual solution is a Magcharger, which has the output and runtime you want, but is much larger than you're hoping for.

pbs357

Enlightened
Thanks guys! I'll check that out. 3D/4D mag size is ok since it can be backpackable - without taking up the whole backpack. If there are any other suggestions, please feel free to fire away!

Does anybody use those custom 2x18650 bodies? I wonder what the runtime would be with those behind a D26 9v?

Last edited:

big beam

Enlightened
I'm not sure how long it will run but take your 12v light install a 9v lamp and 2 of AW'S 17670'S.I'm thinking of doing this with a cabels light I have.I think the 9v lamp draws .9amps IIRC so it should nun for 1.5 hrs.

big beam

Enlightened
If your ok with a larger light you could use a ROP low bulb 11w#3854 with one of FM's 2D-6AA in a 2D mag and with 2500's it should run 80 mins or so. I use one with a ms reflector for a house light and it's good and floody.

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
How about eletrolumens my little friend.

• Uses three 3W Luxeon Star LED
  • 216 Lumens of pure white light! Intense! Nobody can look directly into this light!
  • Never yellows
  • LEDs last about 50,000 hours (5 years continuous on)
  • Impervious to impact
  • Never buy another bulb!

• New Small Tri-lens
  • 10 degree beam, powerful and focused!
  • Two stage witch with low/high power settings

• Batteries
  • Uses 4AAA batteries, NIMH recommended.
  • Lasts about 20-30 minutes on high power (2,000mA), or 2 hours on low power (500

Last edited:

pbs357

Enlightened
big beam said:
I'm not sure how long it will run but take your 12v light install a 9v lamp and 2 of AW'S 17670'S.I'm thinking of doing this with a cabels light I have.I think the 9v lamp draws .9amps IIRC so it should nun for 1.5 hrs.

I tried this, but the D26 lamp base doesn't taper like SF lamps do... do the Digilight 9v lamps have the tapered base (on the spring end)? Basically it won't fit in all the way for the threads on the bezel to catch.

Last edited:

big beam

Enlightened
pbs357 said:
I tried this, but the D26 lamp base doesn't taper like SF lamps do... do the Digilight 9v lamps have the tapered base (on the spring end)?
Good question don't know.I have never taken the lamp apart just the LA.

rikvee

Enlightened
DigiLight and G&P are among the aftermarket options for Surefire, so they drop-in, Wolf-Eyes needs an additional spring (to complete the negative contact with the body)

Latest posts