Dodge Caliber

Dawg

Enlightened
Hold on Cowboy.......At first glance, you probably thought, what the heck is the matter with this Dawg guy. This is the LED forum.......Whats with the Dodge Caliber????

Well, Kudo's go out to Chrysler for putting an overhead dome light that is LED based and......"DETACHES" with a simple push of a button to be used as a "LED FLASHLIGHT". Also, now get this.......GLOW RING CUP HOLDERS. I just saw the video and if I was sure it would not be considered spamming, I would have posted a link. You can find a link easy enough......It is worth viewing. I think the glow ring cup holders are way cool. The follwing excerpts are right from the Dodge website.

Dodge Caliber is chock full of interior features rarely found on entry-level compact vehicles, including:

Standard side-curtain air bags
MusicGate Power® An available nine-speaker Boston Acoustics premium sound system with subwoofer includes two articulating speakers packaged in the liftgate. When the liftgate is open, the speakers can swing down from the trim panel to face rearward for tailgating and other activities
An available dual purpose, self-recharging removable flashlight, which is mounted in the headliner above the cargo area and can snap out of the bezel to serve as a flashlight
Chill Zone® A cooled beverage storage bin that can hold up to four 20-oz. bottles or cans (available in air conditioning-equipped models)
A floor console sliding armrest moves forward 3 inches to accommodate shorter drivers. The armrest lid includes a unique flip pocket for storing a cell phone or an MP3 player
An available 110-volt outlet in the center console can power small electronics (SXT and R/T)
Illuminated front cup holders rings glow blue-green to match other center stack lighting
A front passenger seat folds forward to create a table-like surface for versatility (SXT and R/T models)
60/40 rear seats both fold flat and recline 12 degrees (SXT and R/T models)
A vinyl load floor in the rear cargo area is both washable and removable
YES Essentials® fabric - an easy-care, soil-repellant and anti-microbial textile protects seats from stains, odors and discoloration (late availability)

Last edited:

Flakey

Enlightened
you forgot the srt-4 option for 250BHP!!!! wow thats really cool, these days i have to tip my hat to Dime-crys, all us cowboys needed was a kick in the butt from some nazis! =P <3 mercedes

Dawg

Enlightened
Flakey said:
you forgot the srt-4 option for 250BHP!!!! wow thats really cool, these days i have to tip my hat to Dime-crys, all us cowboys needed was a kick in the butt from some nazis! =P <3 mercedes
I did not forget the SRT 4 option. It is actually more like 300 crank. It will probably be putting down 250 whp. Should be quite the little monster.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha, didn't know there were car nuts on CPF also. I haven't visited any of the automotive forums I'm a member of (and frequented constantly for many years) as CPF is now the only forum I visit. It definitely drains the wallet to be addicted to flashlights, but you can get so many more flashlight parts than you can car parts for the same money!
The SRT-4 engines are definitely underrated by Dodge! And with a little tweaking, oh mama!

mdvb747

Newly Enlightened
Heh.. My friend has a 2004 SRT-4, stage 1 and CAI. I've driven it quite a few times. It really is a fun little car. I was actually looking at the Caliber at the dealership today, a little small inside for me, but when the SRT-4 gets here I might get one. Just a little bit disappointed that AWD will not be available on the SRT-4, but the six speed is a step in the right direction.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, the 04 srt-4 doesnt put out as much power as the new one. THe new one gets up to 170 mph. I know pretty much everything about Dodge cars, they are really nice.

BUT NOW BACK TO LED RELATED STUFF: i think that that light uses 5mms. I went to the autoshow, and, unfortunately, they took it out. GEE! THe good thing is that it is rechargable.

I have been looking into the Caliber to be my car after i finish high school, but it all depends on the crash ratings that NHTSA gives it.

sorry for being a little off topic

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i sat in the caliber, and i really liked the room on the inside. It was nice. It is a bit short, but it does have some nice ground clearance. I am a huge car fan, and if i had enough cash, i'd buy a charger srt8 right now (425 hp, 0-60 in 5.2- 5 star frontal crash test... etc.). I love that car, and if any of you guys have too much money, and you dont know what to do with it, i guess i'll take 40k off your hands :) LOL

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Flakey said:

ummm........ WHAT?!?!?!?!

-David

Dawg

Enlightened
cheapo said:
i sat in the caliber, and i really liked the room on the inside. It was nice. It is a bit short, but it does have some nice ground clearance. I am a huge car fan, and if i had enough cash, i'd buy a charger srt8 right now (425 hp, 0-60 in 5.2- 5 star frontal crash test... etc.). I love that car, and if any of you guys have too much money, and you dont know what to do with it, i guess i'll take 40k off your hands :) LOL

-David
I am a car nut too. the Mach is mine and it is a little faster than the Cobra that sits next to it. Lets just say the Mach has a little whine problem. :grin2: By the way, SRT4's, I call em skittles. Cause they come in every color in the rainbow and I like eating them.

DCP_1421.jpg

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, your Mach has a huffer Dawg! Those 4 valve heads sure like to have air forced in them! I have a white 00 GT, and with nods to your Mach, I added the chin spoiler. Got my mind on the new GT500 though, got to watch what I spend here on CPF, Car Power Forums....oh wait, Candle Power Forums...back on subject.

At my job, I have the pleasure of piloting around town in Rolls Royce Phantom that the hotel I work for recently purchased. Yes, this car is unbelievable. But best of all, the entire interior is lit up with white led light. Dash, instruments, door panels, overhead lighting, even the map lights, and those are what look like LUX 1's. At night when all the interior lights are on, it is a thing of beauty(a Rolls, and I'm singing about the lighting....guilty flashoholic:grin2: )!!!

By the way Dawg, that Mach is nice :rock: !!

Last edited:

Dawg

Enlightened
I am running a Kenne Bell 1.7 at 6psi. I have upgraded the fuel system with Cobra tank and pumps, 39lb injectors. I have 4.30 gear out back with 31 spline forged Moser axles. The tranny is automatic, but has a Lentech valve body installed and a Stallion 3500 stall converter.

I don't know what my 0 to 60 time would be. But my best 1/4 mile time and speed were 11.74 @ 116mph. that was on drag radials. I know with a little suspension tweaking and full slicks, I should be able to do a little better.

If I was to hazard a guess on the 0to 60, I would say between 4 and 4.5 seconds. I can pull the front wheels off the ground a good foot on launch. My best 60ft time is 1.83.

The car is mostly a garage and show queen. I am too old to do any serious racing.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, that is an impressive quarter mile. it puts out something like 305 hp?

-David

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mods Dawg. To get into the 11's, I'd say somewhere around 350hp to the rear wheels(stock Mach1 is 300 without the supercharger). My 00 GT is bone stock except a K&N air filter, but still good power for eating up plenty of cars(my favorite meal is the G35 Infiniti!). In true CPF fashion, I have done more modding to the lights, interior lights. All interior lights are led, mostly 5mm white, lighting up the areas for your feet, front and rear, overhead lights and map lights(LUX 1), and 2, 5mm blue(to match the blue dash lights) leds that softly and descreatly light up the center console. Also white license plate leds from Superbrightleds. I really love lighting when you cannot see the source of the light, that provides a nice wash of light.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know of LED replacement bulbs for interior lights. Preferably not in the Rolls Royce price range. I would really like to replace all of my car interior lights with LEDs.

Hey Luxlunatic, the Rolls with the LED lit interior sounds really cool. Yeah it's funny though that you're in a Rolls and the most interesting thing to you is the interior lights! That's what I would be looking at too.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Superbrightleds.com has a bunch of direct replacement bulbs for cars, interior and exterior including festoon(tube shape), taillamp, instrument lights,etc. Just know the bulb part# that you want to replace. Good products, fair pricing, and fast shipping. Another good place to burn up some cash!!!!
There is a lot of unbelievable things about that Rolls, 6200lbs with a 0-60 time in the mid 6 second range, thats impressive, plus the detail of everything is exceptional, but for that money it should be!!!

Last edited:

PGP

Newly Enlightened
I have an 04 SRT4, stock it was putting 217hp/248 torque to the wheels. Now with K&N drop in & stage 2 with toys it puts down 238hp/272torque, with 100 octane its at 249hp/297 torque. Also all the suspension has been upgraded, coilovers, strutbars, sway bars, etc.

The new caliber SRT4 is a bit heavier than the Neon SRT4 and will only be a tad bit faster. I like all the interior features on the caliber SRT4, but I am still not sold on it being a sporty car compared to the Neon SRT4. I will have to see it in person and drive it before I can deciede if it would be a car I would buy.

I want to do the blue LED conversion on my dash lights. I have seen a few people that have done it and it looks really nice.

Patrick