The greatest moment as a flashaholic...

Nereus

Enlightened
Usually the greatest moment for a flashaholic is of course power outage. Well, I haven't experienced any yet (eagerly waiting one!) but I want to share my greatest moment as a flashaholic so far:

A co-worker of mine was interested in mods that I had carried out so I took my regulated mag 2D hid to my work place to show him what I had done. It's slightly overdriven so it should make some 700 blumens and it is a _true_ sleeper. Quite a coincidence, there was some fixing going on at our workplace and one of the electricians needed a flashlight so I loaned him my 2D hid. And at the moment of giving it to him I could see in his face the disappointed feeling "not again another dim maglite...".

Well... after a while he came to my room and returned the flashlight saying "I don't know WHAT ON EARTH you have done to this flashlight, but I can not use it. It's way too bright, even the reflection makes me completely blind."

Well, almost anyone would have been sorry for hearing that you have a useless flashlight, but for a flashaholic hearing YOUR MOD IS TOO BRIGHT is a heaven... You can only imagine how proud I was about my "useless" mod! :)

- Nereus

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's always a great moment when they decide to test how bright it is by shining it in their eyes.:laughing:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
I recently had a fellow worker borrow my regulated TigerLight.

He returned it after around 30 minutes and told me that there must be something wrong with my light.

I asked what he meant and he told me that there must be something wrong because it doesn't dim down like all of the other lights he has used... :D

Tom

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because they've been conditioned to :)

Reminds me of the ratcatcher asking me just what the heck did I feed my Maglite to make it so bright, because his just can't get to that kind of brightness.. :D

Oh, it's just a very special diet of NiMH high-current Sub-Cs and Pelican #3854 bulbs... (see ROP link below)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
My greatest moment as a flashaholic would have to be when
I went on my first camping expedition as a boy scout

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
May not be the "greatest" moment, but a recent one.
Have a vacant lot that has to be patrolled at work. From street side to back edge is all clear, but there is a tree line bordering a drainage ditch at the far end.
Vagrants and malcontents like to camp out there, some partaking of not very nice activities.
my supervisor radios in he is at the lot checking it out. It is after dark and I am thinking not too smart going there alone.
I pull up to the streetside and light him up across the lot (approx 60-70 yards) with my Mag 85.
He finishes checking it all out then pulls up along side, commenting that he thought it was a PD unit using it's spotlight.
Made me grin.

InfidelCastro

Banned
"I don't know what on earth you did to this flashlight, but it's too bright, ect."

An electrician said this??? That's too funny.