XO vs T1 vs X5 (new)

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Can someone compare these 3 lights from inova for me?

The XO and T1 seem to have similar performance characteristics on paper and both cost about $35 in the quick internet search i've done. How do they compare to a p60 lamp?

And how much less light is going to come out of the new X5 compared to the other 2?

Thanks

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
Forgot to add this question.

Can you drive these with Rcr123's or will they not stand the increased voltage?

vector_joe

Newly Enlightened
DUQ said:

Maybe I should have specified if anyone has both the XO and the T1, If you had to choose which one would you take and why?

I think I'd rather have the T1 since it runs on only one cell IF it doesn't give up a lot compared to the XO.

Plus will they run ok on Rcr123's?

Thanks

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to compare apples to apples, then it would be X0 to T2. Both have similar outputs and runtime. The T1 has a higher output but less runtime due to it only using one cell. The T1 also has a clickie switch but the X0 is just a momentary. So the T1 is almsot as bright, uses one cell, is shorter and has a clickie. While the X0 is brighter, longer, uses two cells and has momentary only a switch. I would choose the T2 for the similar output/runtime and the clicke switch. Oh, and I have know idea if they can be run on rcr123's.

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
I have a T1 and a T2.

about the same brightness ot of both. I use the T1 as my EDC and T2 on duty (soon to be replaced with a T3)

t1 1.5 hrs I think t2 about 4 hours. belt carry I prefer the T1 for regular clothes.

dmz

Enlightened
If RCR123A don't work, is there a rechargeable solution aside from a T4?

Illum

Flashaholic
Throw => [Lux = Lumen / (meter squared)]
XO:884T T1:600 X5:225
Overall => [Lux = Lumen / (meter squared)]
XO:2000 T1:1400 X5:2000
Type =>
XO: Spot [Lux1 x 1] T1: Spot [Lux1 x 1] X5: Flood [Nichia CS LED x 5]
Output => [Lumens] [+/- 17%]
XO: 28.6 T1: 22.88 X5: 28.6

courtsey of flashlightreviews

still, it really depends on the application criteria

Personally I love the XO and according to this site it outshines [throw] of T1 and T2

XO can last 4 hours before going out of regulation and hitting 50% output, T1 will hit 50% in 1 hour 50 minutes... the advertisement called it 40 lumens, personally I dont believe it...the stats on Doug's site doesnt lie...
I bought My XO for $60, but you can find them as cheap as $35, I bought mine 2 years ago...
the T1 on the review site was $45

For T1 uses only 1 123A, it outputs more than half of XO, but has an reduced runtime, It would be your best bet if you want a small pockable EDC and have plenty of Spare batteries...

Really the difference is the cosmetics...the optics are the same, same LEDs [caliber], same batteries...your choice, I made the choice of XO, and that has made all the difference [4Hours regulated]

I find the X5 ideal as a light that will work on any battery, no matter how depleted it is...that is, 123As only...

Last edited: