What lights use Lux3 stars?

Soniq7

Newly Enlightened
I have a special color Lux3 star coming (S1JC) and was hoping you knowledgable folks could give me some suggestions as to where it could go. Im thinking the Q3 would be good. I would prefer to go with a 1x123 arrangement, but any good candidate will be considered. Light will be strictly for novelty use, ie runtime not an issue.

Mikester

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like you said, the Q3 is a good host for mods. It's easy to open up and replacing the star is one of the simplest mods. LED_Experimenter has Q3s at great prices (cheapest around).

Soniq7

Newly Enlightened
Got the star today, its smaller than I thought. Theres gotta be lots of lights that use these. Any other suggestion?

ROVER

Newly Enlightened
Soniq7, I think the reason you aren't getting a reply is your question is very very very broad. Your led is small enough to put into pretty much anything. There are so many lights that use lux3s. There are too many single 123 lights to list also. Just find a host you like that is easy to open, has good heatsinking ability, focuses your beam the way you want, and gives your led the current level you want it to. Or, you can make something up yourself.

mdocod

Flashaholic
the star size for lux3s... is the same as that for lux1 and lux5s as well (as far as I know)... so in reality- you could put a lux3, in almost any body that supports a lux-star- provided you setup a power source that is appropriot. I'm currently pondering the idea of putting a lux3 into a lux1 light (task force 1W 3xAAA converted to 1x17500) and direct driving it, or possibly buying a regulator- not sure yet...