I just bought a 3 watt UltraFire

mattbatt

Newly Enlightened
So the name is obviously a knockoff of SureFire UltraFire but as far as i can tell it's unique in design. I am an audio tech AA batteries are free to me so I wanted a bright luxeon that would run off of AA batts. First I bought the Target Riverrock AA flashlight and loved it but the switch went bad and I ended up breaking the compression seal by banging it on the ground trying to get it to work. So I bought another and it's switch went bad from the start.
I found the UltraFires on Ebay but nobody was talking about them around here. So I took a chance and bought one I love it. It's about as light as a Maglight (the river rock was bigger and heavier) and is about the same diameter but it's a little longer becasue of the reverse clickie switch on the end (that actually works) so even though it didn't come with a holster my maglight one works just fine. Here is the downfall it has a really wide spillbeam which is great for close up work (mostly what I do) but You can't really impress people with the throw of the beam like the RR could. Even though it's listed as a 3 watt light I don't think it's getting enough voltage because it's comparable to RR in brightness but better in color. I love this light since it has a similar head as the RR (it's the same internal dimensions but the aluminum is thinner but also harder) so I am trying to put the RR lens in the UltraFire but they both have different reflectors. I give this light an 8 out of 10 for all lights for lights $20 and under I give it an 11. I emailed the seller and told him that he should send the light to http://www.flashlightreviews.com and also the AAA version but since he is in Hong Kong I doubt he will do it.

Last edited: