Looking for some suggestions...

CharlesAFerg

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I'm a newbie here:rock:, I am looking for suggestions on what flashlight I should buy...

I am looking for an LED, but I am hooked with the Surefire E2D Executive defender with its perfect size and strike bezel... Are there any conversions for this light to become LED? Are there any other flashlights of similar size with some type of modified end made for striking that are LED?

I would appreciate your feedback! :whistle:
Thanks guys.
-Charles

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF,

I think you can get strike bezels for the E2L to essentially make it into an LED E2D. Or replace the head with a KL1, KL3 head and swap the bezels to get the same thing. I'm not a SureFire expert by any means, but I believe E-series can swap a lot of parts and the E2L uses a KL1 or KL3 head and same body as the E2D anyway.

CharlesAFerg

Newly Enlightened
I see, do the strike bezels screw off?

Blindasabat said:
Welcome to CPF,

I think you can get strike bezels for the E2L to essentially make it into an LED E2D. Or replace the head with a KL1, KL3 head and swap the bezels to get the same thing. I'm not a SureFire expert by any means, but I believe E-series can swap a lot of parts and the E2L uses a KL1 or KL3 head and same body as the E2D anyway.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they do, but you're going to need some tools and probably some heat to get them off. I've found (firsthand) that the tailcap end of a VitalGear body can be used as a strike point..

CharlesAFerg

Newly Enlightened
Okay, then could somebody list me who sells things such as a
[font=&quot]"Impact Crown"
or a
"Tactical Impact Device"

just various names for similar products. And what they will fit...
-Drew[/font]

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
GG&G Does..

Before you go too much farther, I will remind you that having one of these on your light makes it a serious pain to carry, as the tips will catch on your pockets and soforth. Hard on your clothes at the very least. Additionally, you'd better be actively training in some sort of strike-point self defense program to expect to be able to do much good with something this small..

CharlesAFerg

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody make a strike face for the U2 Ultra? That would be great :)

I am impressed with the tech specs on that light...