ever see something really rare?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

drizzle

Enlightened
What is it?

Well, keeping to the car theme I saw a very special BMW M1 in 1980 or 1981. It was rare to see any at all anywhere but at the BMW museum in Munich I saw Andy Warhol's M1 Art Car. I thought the paint job was ugly but it was certainly one of a kind.

Last edited:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bugatti Veyron.

W16 engine, four turbos, over 1000hp and a 253mph top speed. Cost of something like $1,250,000. Oh yeah, and it only runs a 10.6 second 1/4 mile......:whistle:

Cheers. :buddies:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once saw a mature albino white-tail buck deer complete with a very nie rack, that is pretty rare.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
saw one of these a few evenings ago, by the light of an Inova T4; he chased and caught something that squeaked
jaguarundi1.jpg
(it's a jaguarundi cat -- up to 16 lbs..long flat tail like an otter)
they aren't supposed to be around here but this is the second or third time I have seen one in ten years -- could be a feral escapee..

Last edited:

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, what kind of critter is that? Looks like something from the weasel family, mink is my first guess, maybe a martin or a fisher? But the head shape and face looks somewhat cat like.

Radical Earth groups have been know to release fur bearing creatures from captivity.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Diesel_Bomber said:
Bugatti Veyron.

W16 engine, four turbos, over 1000hp and a 253mph top speed. Cost of something like $1,250,000. Oh yeah, and it only runs a 10.6 second 1/4 mile......:whistle:

Cheers. :buddies:

it runs a 2.5 0-62. i am a huge car fan

-David

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question: "Ever see something really rare?"

Yeah, there was this one time when I ordered this steak and asked for it to be cooked well done. Well, let me tell you, when I cut it open it was all pink inside.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lee1959 said:
I once saw a mature albino white-tail buck deer complete with a very nie rack, that is pretty rare.
On Highway 101 in Northern California, just south of Ukaih there is a large area where seeing an albino deer while driving by is not uncommon. It's off limit to hunters and there are no other preditors in the area.

I saw a moon rock up close. It was passsed around, in a case, in a police academy in 1971 or so.

VWTim

Enlightened
Probably 15 years ago, I saw a Ferrari F40 in the parking lot at GI Joes (sports/outdoors/auto) store. Walked up to it and I remember that awesome Plaid interior fabric they used. I was too young to fully comprehend what I was looking at, I just knew it was a Ferrari.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've seen a few exotics on the road in Dallas - Ferraris for the most part. Not so exotic but still a bit rare is the NSX I used to see burning up the road on Hillcrest in Dallas.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Forget the cars, I saw a full *red* moon when I was in Africa. The memory will stay with me my entire life.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this is pretty silly, but speaking of rare Bugattis...

Many years ago when I was younger I had a thing for the Bugatti EB110 (for those who don't know, in the early '90s an Italian fellow bought the Bugatti name with mob money and built the most powerful car to that point--went under fast). I saw an KB Toys ad with a photo of two Maisto 1/24 scale metal replicas--a yellow Porsch 911 Carerra and a blue Bugatti EB110.

Bugged my parents, drove out to the store--no Bugattis. Drove to the next store, same deal. At this point my parents decided to teach me a lesson in public relations. My mother wrote a very polite letter to the KB Toys CEO saying how dissapointed her son was that the store actually didn't carry either car shown in the advertisments. Well, about three weeks later a box shows up at the front door with two Maisto 1/24 cars in it.

Yup, you guessed it. I got the actual ones used in the national KB ad copy. The 911 was a little worse for wear but the EB110 was like new. I still have the cars, the ads, and the letters.

And about the rare part: I've never, ever seen a Maisto 1/24 scale original EB110 for sale anywhere, new or used. Either mine is really low production or it was never offcially sold.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess the Keonigsegg CCR held fastest production car title for awhile after the Mclaren F1 and while the Veyron was being sorted out.

The Veyron is definitely a fearsome monster. Wonder what a fully-lightened, race veyron would do :D

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
aah.sized.jpg

$80K worth of glass sitting on a tripod, check out how small the camera is in relation to it. One has heard of "Internet sightings" of this beast, but does not quite believe until one of them visits and abducts you....

ufo.gif

While being abducted, I got to use it. It's real.