New Guy On Board

HayJab

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,

I've lurked here for some months and have decided to become a registered member. I'm mainly interested in LEDs, so I'm posting this message here in the LED Forum.

I look forward to becoming a contributor on this board. Thank you all for the wealth of information you provide.

HayJab so states...

ront

Newly Enlightened
Hi HayJab, welcome to the forums. Hold on to your wallet. I started out only wanting one LED light. Please see my sig line:ohgeez:.

Ron

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome! I also have learned so much on this forum. I visit here daily and have purchased some fine lights based on opinions expressed here and have not regretted one purchase!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I lurked on this site for over a year before I registered :)

HayJab said:
Hello all,

I've lurked here for some months and have decided to become a registered member. I'm mainly interested in LEDs, so I'm posting this message here in the LED Forum.

I look forward to becoming a contributor on this board. Thank you all for the wealth of information you provide.

HayJab so states...

HayJab

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the welcome. My wallet has already been adversely affected by my reading this board and then having to procure some of what is being discussed. I'm having some fun though and now have a few neat LED lights too. :)

HayJab so states...

Fringe

Enlightened
Welcome, and enjoy one of the nicest forums I have ever seen.

There are great lights to be found, but more importantly, there are some great people that accompany them.

faucon

Enlightened
Greetings and welcome. I'm pretty new myself, and CPF is a great place to visit, with many very helpful and knowledgeable people. I'm sure you'll like it. Just be prepared for your wallet to take some major hits! :)

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi HayJab. Welcome to CPF! Consider it a vow of poverty! Take a look at my sigline! :shakehead Think of it as a warning :tsk:

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF, a great place to go broke....I mean spend some time!! Took me about 6 months before joining and since then I do a lot of this :wow: , then I do this :thinking: , and inevitibly I'll say :takeit: and :paypal: , then I'm :broke: and my wallet looks at me like :mad: , but when I recieve a new light in the mail I do this :rock: !!!
Enjoy your time on CPF :laughing: !!!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Man, greetings to you HeyJab.

LEDs are the hot topic and a cool light source, but keep an open mind because there are some great incans and low level-long running lights that are useful, too.

Besides the expensive HA III, aircraft aluminum and ultra expensive titainium lights, excellent water proof, non incendive, dive rated, "plastic" (engineering resins) lights are available for less cost and also feature high performance.

I enjoy a collection that goes from the small, metal, Arc AAA & tiny Coast LED penlight up to the huge honkin' Harbor Freight, plastic, HID, search light. Avoid joining the: "I only buy XYZ kind of lights" camp and you'll have more fun.

Peace, Man! :)

HayJab

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again to all for the welcomes.

Jayflash, I do have one ican. It's a Surefire 6P. But, I must admit I've already turned it into an LED with a 3-watt drop in LUX III. :)

I'm not at all sure my wallet could survive expanded areas of flashlight interest on my part.

What seems to interest me most are small, single-cell LED lights. I'm pretty much a technology nut in general and I find LEDs particularly interesting. A small, bright, well designed and built LED light triggers the techno geek in me.

Again, thanks to all for the warm welcome.

HayJab so states...

Last edited: