You need a license for this one - high power headlamp.

martytoo

Newly Enlightened
LED4.jpg

I just received the ads for these two in the mail today. Priced at $3200 and $2200 I won't be buying either in the near future.

LED3.jpg

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
65000lux? at what, 3 inches?

How they arrived at that figure is very amusing. If it's true, it would throw further than a 100w Magmod with a 3 inch head. I don't know if you want a beam that intense for surgical purposes....

I went to their website, and al they do is throwing phrases like "10,000 hour life time", "cool white light", "bright" around. THeir so called detailed LED PDF file is nothing more than rephrasing of their webpage and more of what LED is instead what their LED does.

Sounds like a super vague marketing scheme.

just tape a L4 to your head and you just might be better off.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
270winchester said:
just tape a L4 to your head and you just might be better off.
That won't work for medical applications. For dentistry, for example, you need a tightly collimated beam, and a precise color temperature (the first so you don't blind the patient, the second for correct diagnosis). My brother's a dentist, we've talked about this ad naseum.

If you notice the optical system is setup like Pelican's "recoil" lamps; that gives a very tight beam. This is not the headlamp you'd take out camping.