Best emitter for RAW PCB ?

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I am waiting for the arrival of a few spare parts from Rob and have included an extra PCB board minus the emitter. My plan is to add my own emitter and use it in my old style body and I am curious as to what best to use for an emitter using the 4.2V Li-Ion cells.

I have a few R bin 1 watters in RX1J and also RYOJ and I have two of the 3 watters in TYOK and TWOK. I know the T bins put out more light however the VF is higher for the K binned 3 watters. The 1 watt emitters are J bin and may do better with the direct drive of the Li-Ion. Also with the small capacity CR2 Li-Ion cells will there be much difference in runtime between the 1 and 3 watt emitters?

So if this were your choices would you go with the higher binned 3 watters or is it better to use the lower Binned 1 watters to better use the direct drive set up. Also of the two 3 watt emitters one is a YO and the other a WO and I am curious if one of these will do better as far as tint goes on direct drive with a Li-Ion. I really like the cooler blue or white tinted emitters and have noticed that some do better with direct drive than others.

Robocop

I have just now tested all 4 emitters direct drive from 2 equally charged cells showing 4.04 volts each. Between the two 3 watters the TYOK was the slight blue/white that I really like while the TWOK was more creamy. The hotspot on the TWOK looked to be more dense and seemed to put out a little more light to the naked eye. Of the 3 watt emitters I really did like the TYOK the best.

Between the two 1 watters the RX1J seemed to be the better color with a little more cool blue look while the RYOJ was almost as nice however had a more neutral tint with a little bit of creamy look to it. It did seem that the 3 watters put out more overall light and they should being better binned T rated emitters.

So now that I have narrowed it to two emitters in the RX1J and the TYOK what would be the best for a direct drive RAW board? I am leaning towards the TYOK for output however would the J bin better take advantage of the small capacity RCR2 ?

Robocop

I have found one more choice to consider as I have taken apart an older light to find a TYAJ Star inside. I have also just found the thread where a fellow member is offering UYAJ and also UWOK emitters for sale. Now this is a nice option to consider as I always did want one of the original U bin RAWs.

I am really considering the U bin option now however the TYOK so far is one of the most white luxeons that I have tested.