Browning Black Ice Flashlights

ANW

Newly Enlightened
I was in my local Gander Mtn buying fishing supplys and to buy extra surefire 123's and was looking at the browning flashlights, so l bought one, it like a A2 but with a side clickie switch (3 stage) LED/INCAND. It was $50 and the incandecents from the packaging says it lasts 2 hrs @ 90 lumens and Led's 24 hours. Anyone have or used these brand of lights, of how good they are,etc? I'll let you know my findings with it at a later date. Thanks in Advance and God Bless.:grin2:

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seen them a few times at the range, but never really had a chance to investigate anything..

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
nakahoshi said:
Just relized that the browning lights, are made by the company that makes lights for nuwai and River Rock.
http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/P03_01-TM-100X.html
or
http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/index_english.htm
Go to "index3" on the left

>>>>wow this was a great sight, lots of nice lights um

so how the heck to you order them?? even their email address seems no right do they have a direct order page?

or anyone know of a place to get these 'cheep'

tnx

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALot of those lights are really cool, but im sure you have to be a big dealer to get any type of responce. I really want to get my hands on the smoother bodied Q3.
i wish someone sold these
-bobby

dragoman

Enlightened
How many cells? 90 lumens for 2hrs seems kind of high......unless its a 3-cell light.

A2 uses two cells regulated and lasts about 60-70 minutes....

dragoman

photo2000a

Newly Enlightened
nakahoshi said:
ALot of those lights are really cool, but im sure you have to be a big dealer to get any type of responce. I really want to get my hands on the smoother bodied Q3.
i wish someone sold these
-bobby
>>i dunno , there was no contact info on the web page, electronically speaking, only their fax who uses that? their email seemed 'wrong' or my isp needs an upgrade

i would like to try to contact them, perhaps they would refer me to a dealer thats fine but i am not going to fax them

nakahoshi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just emailed them, i took the e-m: out of the link, and i think that did the trick.
-bobby

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
They arent too popular around here although that doesnt mean they are of low quality. There just isnt that much about them that catches peoples attention. I myself dont think they are worth their price based on what I have read.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shyguang have replied me directly before when I was looking for a Trilux Lux III light (can't remember the model; was really big.. 3D size) in the past. I believe they sell direct, unless they've changed their policy. It is known that their lumen figure is WAY overrated; the Trilux was rated 240 lumens or so by them but was actually realistically a 100 odd; and that was when it was already using an overdriven 4C setup in place of the 3D.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive seen those in the cabelas catalog, but so far no one has ever used or tried one.

The ones they show have the camo paint job and a combination of 2 red and 2 blue reds around the bazel. I am guessing that gives a purple color?

Zigzago

Enlightened
I got one of the Browning 2xCR123 LED/Xenon combo lights as a gift. It's very solidly made. I keep it in my car. The Xenon beam is kind of ringy but overall I think it's a good light.

I think the Browning lights never took off because Streamlight already had a similar line of lights that cost less.

baltor

Newly Enlightened
photo2000a said:
nakahoshi said:
Just relized that the browning lights, are made by the company that makes lights for nuwai and River Rock.
http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/P03_01-TM-100X.html
or
http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/index_english.htm
Go to "index3" on the left

>>>>wow this was a great sight, lots of nice lights um

so how the heck to you order them?? even their email address seems no right do they have a direct order page?

or anyone know of a place to get these 'cheep'

tnx

http://www.shykuang.com.tw/new english_web/p06-12--FS-III.html

that one looks fun

Macaw

Enlightened
I had one of these hybrids, gave it away to a hunter friend. The only problems were the artifacts in the Incandescent beam and having to cycle through all the options every time I used the light. Since the LEDs were mounted in the reflector, the artifacts were bothersome.