Wanting to buy my First EDC Light

01foreman400

Newly Enlightened
I've been looking and reading a lot about EDC's. I've think I've narrowed my choices down to an E1L with F04 beam diffuser or the Fenix L1T or P1 if they ever come out. I would like to keep the price under $100.

Darrell

CyByte

Newly Enlightened
why not an Inova T1?

1.5 hrs before you lose brightness. Mine is great.

zulu45

Enlightened
I've just recently learned of the greatness (seriously, they're great!) of Fenix lights. I bought a Fenix L2P on eBay from a great seller, and have not regretted my purchase one bit. It's amazingly bright, has amazing regulation, works great with alkalines and NiMH batteries, and did I mention that it's amazinly bright? It came with a belt holster, which I have found to be very nice. It doesn't get in the way, so I EDC this thing... of course, I also edc a Surefire 6P, and a Leatherman Wave, both in holsters, so weight on my belt doesn't really bother me. I have no doubt that the L1P is just as amazing (though not as bright). I haven't had any problems, though I'm going thru hell to try to find a damn switch replacement (just for backup, the switch is ok).

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spend $30 more and get a Fire~Fly III. 5 different user modes, 2 or 3 levels of brightnes (depending on mode), strobes, etc. It might "seem" more expensive, but the way I look at it, it's cheaper. I have mine set for 3 brightness levels, so it's 3X the flashlight, more if you consider the fact that you don't have to switch between 3 different lights, but it's all contained in one.

Having a bright flashlight is handy, but so is having a dim one. Trust me.

If you really don't want to swing the extra cost, then I say go with the Fenix L1T when it's available..

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tip:)

Buy now a Fenix L1P (great little light) and later a L2T.

So you don't spend 100$ and will have surely 1 and probably 2 great lights.

Best regards

_____
Tom

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Dude, just wait a few more weeks until reviews for the LRI Proton are out !!

"Hopefully" it will be the best EDC flashlight so far .......

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the Fenix L1P and I cannot wait for the L1T to ship. I EDC the L2P with the Nekomane body or the L1P and I have the E1 w/the KL1.

Either is a good choice, I just prefer the Fenix.

-Goatee

carrot

Flashaholic
I like my L1P a lot. But I like the E1L with an F04 even more, because it's got a pocket clip and it's brighter. The additional brightness is fantastic, and really lights things up. With the F04, you can actually use the E1L up close, something a little painful to do without the F04. If the Fenix had an equivalent of the F04 it'd be really useful, too. I just lost my F04, so I've got to replace it soon.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Planterz said:
Spend $30 more and get a Fire~Fly III. 5 different user modes, 2 or 3 levels of brightnes (depending on mode), strobes, etc. It might "seem" more expensive, but the way I look at it, it's cheaper. I have mine set for 3 brightness levels, so it's 3X the flashlight, more if you consider the fact that you don't have to switch between 3 different lights, but it's all contained in one.

Having a bright flashlight is handy, but so is having a dim one. Trust me.

If you really don't want to swing the extra cost, then I say go with the Fenix L1T when it's available..

I've 2nd the suggestion of the FF-III. Many lights in one and it won't bust your budget either. The two other lights that nicely compete with the FF-III are at least a hundred bucks more expensive.

I too, am waiting to see the Photon, but I won't beleive it, until it ships. I've been hearing to many, "it's almost ready" comments to beleive it until I see it.

BrightIdeaOSU

Newly Enlightened
Small torches are my favorite, because they are there when you need them. The Fire-Fly III is the one I carry every day right now, even though I have no lack of choices (OK, I have a Peak Pacific stashed in my backpack too. Redundancy is a good thing. :laughing: ). You will not be dissapointed if you spend just a little more; the FF3 is very bright, very dim, very white and very small.