Surefire 6P

oscar

Newly Enlightened
Went to the Indy gunshow last week and got a 6P. A very bright light. Is there anything else that I need or need to know?

Lonewolf

Enlightened
oscar there is no turning back now. After I bought my first SF from a local retailer. I ended up buying two more the same week. You will come to know the UPS man on a first name basis.
shocked.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kogatana:
...If you carry it while traveling in commercial aircraft, expect to airport security to insist that you disassemble it...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I fly this weekend I will take the literature on my carried lights complete with color photo, description and specs. That will at least show them that these are legitimate commercial products.

Unfortunately, airport security in the US is still woefully inadequate. How will bag matching protect against a suicidal murderer?

My bags were searched once before 9/11 when the X ray picked up some odd outlines which happened to be a 6P with turbo head and a UK SL6.

Good luck to us all, and extra luck to those who fly.

yclo

Flashaholic*
Damnit, I have an E2.
I live in Hong Kong, 99% of the place is well lit. But I still want a M2, or M3, or maybe 6P with lots of adaptors....

But then again the M6 doesn't seem to cost all that much more compared to the M3T, M4.

Heck I'm just a Uni student, why would I need torches anyway?

YC

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Go ahead and purchase the shock isolated bezel. If the light is on the end of your barrel all the time you wont have any problems. But, if it is your belt light, you will go threw a $20.00 lamp every time you drop it.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
But keep in mind that the standard beamshaper or filters won't fit the isolated bezel. (I found out the expensive way) TX

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
But keep in mind that the standard beamshaper or filters won't fit the isolated bezel. (I found out the expensive way) TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really understand the purpose of the beamshapers. Is it to have somewhat gentler and more dispersed light? If so, why not use a much longer burning UK, or PT, or even a bright LED light? Since tactical lights are designed for high
illumination /short burn, why "dilute" their primary purpose when other (cheaper) lights do a better job?

I admit I'm writing in ignorance since I've never owned, tried or even seen a beamshaper.

Brightnorm

bigcozy

Enlightened
I am certainly no expert, but my law enforcement buddies tell me this is so they can look through a window without getting blinded. It lets the beam go through without "bouncing" back. May be another reason, but that is the only one I know of.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by brightnorm:
I don't really understand the purpose of the beamshapers. Is it to have somewhat gentler and more dispersed light? If so, why not use a much longer burning UK, or PT, or even a bright LED light
With the beamshaper, you have either light instantly available with just a flip of a lens. TX