Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Seven LED version? Huh?

InfidelCastro

Banned
I was looking over on Brightguy.com and noticed a 7 LED version of the Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA. What's up with this? I thought this was a Luxeon 1 light? Are there two versions now? How do they compare to each other?

coldsolderjoint

Enlightened
Theres three versions.

Incan, 7 AA, and Luxeon.

The 7AA is mostly flood, where the luxeon is more throw then flood.

Not really sure about the incan. I think they use all the same bodies though.

I know theres been a few threads on this.

Alot of the fire departments around here use the 7AA versions on helmet clamps for searching houses.

I tried using my luxeon model for finding addresses while delivering pizza. It works better then I thought. Almost the same as a g2 (for me anyways).

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Xenon and 7LED versions both use the same bezel with interchangeable lamp modules. The Luxeon version uses a longer bezel and lamp module and is not interchangeable with the other two models. The bodies on all three versions are the same.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Pretty much as Brighteyez summed up.

Also on the Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer SS 7 LED, the bezel is rubber and shorter than on the plastic or maybe hard-rubber(?) that's on the SL.4AA.ProPo.Lux—

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 7 LED version is my favorite light for use indoors. It gives bright and smooth illumination across the width of a room, making everything easy to see. Indoors, it's much better than the Luxeon model.

pathalogical

Enlightened
nikon said:
The 7 LED version is my favorite light for use indoors. It gives bright and smooth illumination across the width of a room, making everything easy to see. Indoors, it's much better than the Luxeon model.
I agree. It is also my first LED, and wasn't sure about the bluish tint. However, having had the light for a couple of months now, I've become used to it. It does look nicer when used indoors, but I haven't used it outdoors much, that's where the G2 comes in to action. I've been eyeing a SF L1 now, but sure is pricey. One other thing I noticed about the PP's, in the 2005 SL catalog, if you look closely, the switch is raised from the end of the body, but is actually recessed on the light. You have to stick your thumb tip in to turn it on. Using the fleshy part of your thumb makes it awkward because it's in to deep. I wish it was an 'outty' not an 'inny' !