Pierce M10: anyone own one?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seem's pretty bright and interesting, two stage cool look small from the look's of it. If you own one, give me your thought's. VDG

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fiddleback said:
I'd like to hear how it compares to an HDS EDC Ultimate 60XR. I wanna get one of those buggers.

I got a basic 60 and love it. I would like another nice 123 light but smaller, and the pierce seem's to fit my main criteria, of li ion compatable, multi stage, and bright. I do wonder what optic it uses, and how "narrow" is there narrow beam option. VDG

Fiddleback

Enlightened
I'm dying to get one, but will have to wait till the end of the quarter. The only thing I see that I'm not liking on the pierce is the switch. Its a twisty and its at the head where it will get hot. Just a thought.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fiddleback said:
I'm dying to get one, but will have to wait till the end of the quarter. The only thing I see that I'm not liking on the pierce is the switch. Its a twisty and its at the head where it will get hot. Just a thought.

WORD.

I don't like any twisty's myself to be honest, but on a larger then AAA lighta front twist serves my south paw better. (incidently, when I wear a 1xAAA light around my neck, i prefer the back twist of my sonic's but usually use a new ARC AAA-P)

It does look like the heat issue's have been sussed out pretty well for it's size.
I just wonder about the optic's, i like good throw, but would like some spill sorta NX05 but with more throw

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,,, the silence speaks volumes :ironic: actually, i remember this before on a thread i was asking about the KC-1, no one knew anything. A few post's
but other then one retailer that priced it kinda high, no dealer could keep 'em
in stock (at the time) :grin2: So It goes in the FL world. VDG

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're posting in the middle of the day (in the US at least), I'm sure more people will be on later.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
voodoogreg said:
Well,,, the silence speaks volumes :ironic: actually, i remember this before on a thread i was asking about the KC-1, no one knew anything.

I've run into the same thing quite a few times. For me, I think it's often due to my tastes and I like lights that maybe aren't as popular on CPF (and vice versa I don't like lights that are uber-popular such as a Fenix, Arc AAA-P, CMG IU, etc.).
Look at the Pierce M10 thread in the Mfr's forum...there are several owners of it that placed reviews in there. From what I recall reading thru some reviews, it's very bright on high and heats up very quickly and most owners seem to like to keep it on the low 400mA level. Beam doesn't seem too narrow even on the narrow optic one, there's pics in the Pierce M10 thread of the beamshots.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
jsr said:
I've run into the same thing quite a few times. For me, I think it's often due to my tastes and I like lights that maybe aren't as popular on CPF (and vice versa I don't like lights that are uber-popular such as a Fenix, Arc AAA-P, CMG IU, etc.).
Look at the Pierce M10 thread in the Mfr's forum...there are several owners of it that placed reviews in there. From what I recall reading thru some reviews, it's very bright on high and heats up very quickly and most owners seem to like to keep it on the low 400mA level. Beam doesn't seem too narrow even on the narrow optic one, there's pics in the Pierce M10 thread of the beamshots.

Thanks brother, will go to review's! VDG

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
i got one, also a RAW and mclux III PD ,with a firefly 3 in the mail ( no long time hds time, sorry ), LOP,AAA-P,matterhorn, i carry the AAA-P(2 stage moded) if you gotta have a small killer edc , i cant at this time see how you can beat the PD . the arc and the pd are on me always the others are sitting around,

Last edited:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I've been EDCing a narrow beam M10 for about a month. Very nice little light and highly recommended. Super small with very white LED and it throws nicely. I keep mine set on 400 as the 1000 was not really that noticeably brighter.

Fiddleback

Enlightened
Peter Atwood said:
I've been EDCing a narrow beam M10 for about a month. Very nice little light and highly recommended. Super small with very white LED and it throws nicely. I keep mine set on 400 as the 1000 was not really that noticeably brighter.

This, IMHO, is a drawback. Also that you can't switch on the go. I almost pulled the trigger on this light yesterday, but today, even with the good reviews, its just not a fit.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fiddleback said:
This, IMHO, is a drawback. Also that you can't switch on the go. I almost pulled the trigger on this light yesterday, but today, even with the good reviews, its just not a fit.

WORD II.

I thought it was dual stage as in a SF L1 or gizmo cap. This is a bummer. VDG