Thumbs Up To The Aussies

Empath

Flashaholic
The stayed at it until they had their people out of there. :thumbsup:

Miners Rescued

Brant Webb, 37, and Todd Russell, 34, who had been feared dead a fortnight ago, emerged wearing their mining helmets with lamps still shining, punching the air as their wives ran up to hug them. They removed their identity tags from outside the mine, officially ending their shift, and sat in the back of ambulances, laughing with rescuers before being driven past crowds of people from Beaconsfield, Tasmania to hospital.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool its nice to see a miner story end in a rescue.i am gld for there familes

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately not everybody survived this incident (including one of the news reporters, who had a heart attack while filming the story). It was certainly a relief (and I must confess a surprise) that these two men did come out alive.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news! I read about it when it started.. I was pulling for these two guys and it was great to see that they made it!

Razor

Newly Enlightened
Definitely. Congrats to the Aussie rescue team for their success. But let's also not forget the third miner who died during the inital cave in. Condolences to his family.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
"They removed their identity tags from outside the mine, officially ending their shift"

are they paid hourly or salary? imagine the overtime pay for that! :eek:

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I think they deserve all the pay they can get. They're also likely to net about a half million each from the media.

Small compensation for what they had to go through, including losing a mate.