Paklight at 9voltlight.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseum. I haven't been around much lately, so I don't know if it has and the search function is down of course.

What the heck... maybe some noobs or people missed this anyway.

Check out the paklight at www.9voltlight.com. It is an ultra tiny double led light that is pretty cool. My edc is a Surefire E1L, and there is certainly NO comparison at all, but I do think this little light is worth looking at.

It is American made by a small family company, invented and patented by a 15 year old kid (5 years ago).

It is basically a snap on for a 9 volt battery. It is the same width and depth as the top of the battery, and only about 1/2 inch thick, so it extends the length of the typical 9 volt rectangular battery by a half inch. It has what looks like a computer dip switch on the side. It comes in "white" (typical purplish white) and colored leds, including infrared and ultraviolet.

It's about $13 on their website, with battery, for the "basic." The dual mode version and some otehr versions are about $25 which might be just a little steep, but very cool.

The plastic housing for the board and leds is also available in different colors -the "basic" white version I have ($13 version) is "glow-in-the-dark," so after it has been on for a little while, the luminescent cap glows pretty bright and pretty long time.

Really cute, really small, and supposedly great run time. Probably a little brighter than your typical 1 AAA lights like the arc. I can't compare as I am on the road, and only have my Surefire and this paklight my buddy gave me yesterday.

I played with it last night, and really grinned when I went to bed and suddenly realized it was glowing on the bedside table. Real nice touch when you're in an dark and unfamiliar hotel room. My bud has some kinda bulk purchase deal. Maybe I can get an order to sell here cheap if folks woould like to try some? Will have to ask him, and post here in a couple days.

Nice novelty - fairly expendable - supposed good runtime on even the cheapo 9Vs - extreme portability. With a lithium battery it should last a LONG time. They claim to have run one for a YEAR continuous on one lithium, but said it was dim by then. Still. That is freaking incredible. I'm going to get a few more to take the place of candles for power outages.

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
There have been about a billion threads (example) about the Pak-lite (note the spelling) but a lot of them were from before the software changeover, and the search function doesn't reach past that. I think it's fair to say there's a wide range of opinions about them.

Last edited:

xrayzebra

Newly Enlightened
Thanks... I missed it completely. I generally turn my nose up at something like this myself, but at $13 a pop, they are pretty cool. I'm thinking it needs a quick shrink wrap with hair dryer (carefully) over the battery, and I'm getting 5 or 6 just to have in gloveboxes and bedside table, etc. on some lithium batteries.

I'm sure they are not the greatest thing ever, but very nice little back-up lights. Once I get a few, I'll torture test one myself.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Thanks for providing that link paulr (yes, one of many I'm sure!).

I'll close this one down so it can continue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.