goin back to sony

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man i sure got spolied with my sony himd .now ill save for a sony mp3 player sadly they dont make himd any more or at least i dont see em localy but the reviews of the sony mp3 players the nwer ones look great they get louder and sound beter then most other players and there battery life blows everyone away but saldy there usb transfer speed is awefull .i spent the last few days reading reviews lol but man sony cost so much.just so ya know i do think itunes blows away sonys sonic stage but the hardware sony compared to ipod the sony wins .if ya dont belive me all i say is please do a blind hearing test encode a song for the sony and the ipod use same headphone and the sony will sound better.but sonys software is almsot a joke

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Noooooooo Raggie, first the ipod and now this. All those giant media corporations are on the same scam, and Sony is into the proprietary battery thing even worse than Apple. Get yourself a nice AA or AAA powered player and use NiMH rechargeables. The heck with proprietary batteries!

zulu45

Enlightened
Yeah, also Sony mp3 players use really bad (and not the good "bad") software. I'd highly suggest, if you can find it, a Samsung YP-MT6Z. It holds 1gb, uses a basic AA battery, and has great battery life. It also has a voice recorder, FM radio, and is basic drag and drop. It shows up and works just like a flash drive, and can also support the storage of other files.

If you're looking for something bigger, I've had great luck with the Creative Zen Micro 6gb. But for flash players, the Samsung is #1 on my list.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just reading some reviews of these where the reviewer was chastising Sony for blowing it AGAIN. There is no reason that sony can't make as good or better hardware than Apple, there is no reason they can't do as good a software back end, but they didn't, so there must be a reason ;) Sony's latest stuff wont be anywhere near the ipod killer that they think. And this wasn't even an ipod fan site ;)

PaulR, you really hate those batteries!

Raggie, what was it you didn't like about thing?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i just didnt like it didnt seem to have ther sound im used to never heard the cymbils.to me it seemd under powered a bit compared to iriver and my sony himd.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
you've commented on the fact that you didn't feel it went loud enough before, no getting around that without an external amp :) Hope you find one you can be happy with, let us know what you get finally.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two things about loudness...

One, you can be damaging your hearing by cranking the volume up too loud. Perhaps a hearing test and/or asking a couple people if they think your head phone volume sounds too high or not.

The second, I use a cheap 1AA battery old Sony AM/FM radio with small Sony ear buds when working around the house and mowing the lawn (use "gun muffs" with the ear buds inside--works really well). One thing I noticed was the inexpensive Sony ear buds were significantly louder than other off-brand ones (probably a better magnet gave more volume per mWatt of energy put into the phones). You probably are using a better headset than I will ever pop for (I am just plain cheap)--but even I noticed the difference.

-Bill

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Luck Raggie - I am still continuing my boycott of Sony for their RIAA activities and bribing the US congress. You can be sure that the Sony products will contain the most restrictive music controls, that is for sure.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
only thing that matters to me well i should say the main thing is sound.i gave the ipod another good listen to on my walk it just seems to not produce the sound as clear and brilant as a sony even at lower volumes.the irivers sounds good to but not like the sony or cowon.perhaps its jts my ears but it bothers me

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sony seems to make the best pocket radio. It's been that way since 1955 when their first one became a success and made them famous.

I use the cheap SRF-59 radio which gets about 140 hours from a single AA cell, when listening to AM.

Some day I'd like to try the M37V digital. I hear it's good. The worst thing about my radio is screwing around with the little tuning wheel.

Others make better headphones though, if hi-fi sound is your thing. I don't like earbuds, so I use the Koss ones that hang on the ear.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the cheap SRF-49 myself--came free with a cell phone. I really love it too--the back clip has long broken off and the head phone connector is starting to fail on one channel (after many years of abuse).

And, I have used about 10+ ear buds with it (snagged, and worn out wires).

I used to use the small/cheap over the head earphones, but I could not wear them near as long as the ear buds--I could not stand the "closed" feeling in my ears.

It is about time to see what cheap 1x AA battery Sony radio is for sale now-a-days.

-Bill

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i do admit to be a sony lover my dads sony hdtv rear projecter i wathced irbot on dvd on it and was blown away .the detail was mazeing the sound was amazeing and dvd dont come close to output wwwhat the sony can display.it just sits in my dads house now cause they watch the tv in there room .plus my step mom dont like it cause its so big .when i viset them i can watch it i will watch it on hdtv chanels i dont even like the show i just like to see the cool picture lol .i have a sony tv 27 inch and it will blow most tvs away.its a KV - 2780R i guess its at least 20 years old .man i will be bummed when it goes it has to be close to going now thats old for a tv

dim

Enlightened
Sony's behavior with regards to using, both, proprietary and other technology to control its content has been EVIL. Think not only of your personal preference to consumer electronic products and content as there is MUCH more at stake in the VERY near future and, likely, the long term including the freedom of choice of content and devices.

Until Sony demonstrates greater consideration towards the consumer and, truly, "plays fair" with "Fair Use", it will be a long time before I purchase any Sony products, content or services.

dim

Latest posts