Stupid Maglight Question...

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
After spending a considerable amount of time getting everyone at work "on board" with the LED concept and convincing them to upgrade their 20 year old Mag's, I'd really, really like to know:

What happened to Mag's LED roll out plans, to a Walmart, Target or some such? Where the average joe would be able to run down to the store and pick up a good low cost alternative and be able to hold, in their sweaty hand's, the benefits of new technology. It would really help to win people over to LEDs if I had something to work with. (And that something is NOT Brinkman or some cheap tomfoolery. I need a respected brand to prove my message. I'm the LED Messiah!)

Unless, the LED Messiah, dropped the ball and this stuff is out and I just missed it? :ohgeez:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
You probably just haven't had a chance to check some of the threads here.

First of all, if you have questions regarding stocking, inventory, or reset dates, those questions would probably be best addressed to the buyers and their managers at the respective chains that you mentioned, they're the ones that determine when products from any vendor are scheduled to arrive and when they expect to put them up on the shelves.

With regards to when Mag will be shipping their LED products and upgrade components, you might want to look for a post from Steve Vance, I believe he did get some dates from Mag (I think it may be around July.)

bmstrong said:
After spending a considerable amount of time getting everyone at work "on board" with the LED concept and convincing them to upgrade their 20 year old Mag's, I'd really, really like to know:

What happened to Mag's LED roll out plans, to a Walmart, Target or some such? Where the average joe would be able to run down to the store and pick up a good low cost alternative and be able to hold, in their sweaty hand's, the benefits of new technology. It would really help to win people over to LEDs if I had something to work with. (And that something is NOT Brinkman or some cheap tomfoolery. I need a respected brand to prove my message. I'm the LED Messiah!)

Unless, the LED Messiah, dropped the ball and this stuff is out and I just missed it? :ohgeez:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
nah, the release dates will be kicked again, like the last years...

If You are the real LED MESSIAH, You will show Your ppl the fenixes, or similar sized lights like the Triton,
or, even better, the new 2 stage Fenixes (or the improved makes from the other manucaturers, as soon as they react to the new Fenix offerings)
:)

carrot

Flashaholic
IIRC, it was May-June for the C- and D-cell MagLEDs, and July-August for the AA Mini MagLEDs. I'm waiting for the Minis.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I think it was something like that with the upgrade modules being either June or July. Steve's post should be in one of these threads someplace and I think it was within the last couple of weeks.
carrot said:
IIRC, it was May-June for the C- and D-cell MagLEDs, and July-August for the AA Mini MagLEDs. I'm waiting for the Minis.

Russell52

Newly Enlightened
These guys might just have them in stock :S ? C&D MAGS
And they have the upgrade bulb,and appears to have a mag part#,They are all 3watts,Maybe someone with a better eye,needs to scope these out..

Russ

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
>>If You are the real LED MESSIAH, You will show Your ppl the fenixes, or similar sized lights like the Triton, or, even better, the new 2 stage Fenixes (or the improved makes from the other manucaturers, as soon as they react to the new Fenix offerings)

Fenix? Triton? Why?

When I want to show someone the future of lights I pull out my Titanium McLux or my Titanium Chammie :rock:.

Still. Many thanks for the info. This'll give me a better idea when to watch for them.

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
bmstrong said:

Hosannah. :p

Um, Brinkmann is what led ME to the LED side... what's so wrong with a $9.99 2xAA-type LED flashlight that you can drop into your car's console and forget about til you need it? From there I went on to keep looking for better and brighter, and now for certain I am chomping at the bit for factory MAGLED stuff to arrive.

But don't sell the Brinkmann/Dorcy kinda stuff short, because it fills a void and it doesn't require a person be a flashaholic in order to get the benefits of LED flashlight technology.

-Jeffrey

peacefuljeffrey

Newly Enlightened
yellow said:
nah, the release dates will be kicked again, like the last years...

If You are the real LED MESSIAH, You will show Your ppl the fenixes, or similar sized lights like the Triton,
or, even better, the new 2 stage Fenixes (or the improved makes from the other manucaturers, as soon as they react to the new Fenix offerings)
:)

I would never point anyone toward a reverse-clicky flashlight if I could help it, sorry. And I'll probably just give away the ones I inadvertently bought, eventually.

I don't like electronic switches, either. Dammit, I want a CLICK, not a push, and I want it to have a half-way-there momentary-on function.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if the company was not in frickin' CHINA.

-Jeffrey

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Empath said:
Could you document this event with a reference?
No reference, but there have been "sayings" about LED-offerings all the last three years ("they will come early "this" year").
So therefore, every year, I asked the importer around here what was the standing, and every time I asked the release date got some weeks more. Then, around every summer, I stopped to ask. Shortly around the following christmas there were the ususal "sayings" again, so I started to ask again, but release dates were revised again and again, .... :(
...thats why I would not be very surprised, if that happens again THIS year...

To the FENIXES (Tritons, ...): now, all the problems with clickies, all the other lights mentionned, ...
suffer, that the "normal" guy will not even get the point, nor understands why to spend THIS amount of money.
But Fenix (triton, ..) are good quality, much better than the ceap multiLED models AND "reasonable" priced.
Thats why they might be considered something useful by the unenlighted...

mdocod

Flashaholic
I don't like electronic switches, either. Dammit, I want a CLICK, not a push, and I want it to have a half-way-there momentary-on function.

Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if the company was not in frickin' CHINA.

-Jeffrey

Switch function/form is just personal preference- some of the nicest flashlights in the world use twist functions, along with some of the cheapest cheesiest flashlights- I like clickies- regular or reverse, not a big fan of twisties.... It's all personall preferance...

About the china remark- remember- this is a global market nowadays. China flashlights are cheap, and many of them perform their function as well or better than domestic lights within the same price range. The reality is that even when you buy domestic- the majority of the time, some of that money goes overseas for parts and materials whether you like it or not.